𝟕

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF THINGS RUNNING THROUGH ILARIA'S MIND. This,ofcourse, was not uncommon for her.

Infact, more often that not she would ask herself what the hell is her problem and why won't she stop thinking.

Alas, she never came up with answers. It was merely part of being human, unfortunately.

She stared at the notes she had taken down, she rolled out of bed early that morning, her mind racing too fast. She wrote notes to keep it her thoughts in check.

1) figure out why Kenna only bought drugs on the 18th of every month.

2) find her burner phone (Ilaria knew she wasn't stupid enough to contact the dealer on her normal phone)

3) Read through those morgue files with Kai

Ilaria could not understand why Kenna would do drugs. Infact, she had a hatred for that kind of thing. Kenna couldn't stand it.

So what would drive her to do it?

She huffed out a breath and stood up to call Kai, sitting around and thinking so much was not going to get her anywhere.

She quickly dialed his number and tapped on her desk, waiting for him to answer.

"if you want my soul, I find it's not very useful.you could still have it though." Kai answered with no greeting, she could hear the grin in his voice.

Ilaria pinched the bridge of her nose, Kai was the less serious one between the two of them, it either helped her out of her bad moods or made it worse "I'll remember that offer for when I need but for now I need to know if you're home?"

She heard shuffling in the background before Kai answered "I'm at home, why?"

"we need to call this guy, whatever his name is and set up a meeting with him."

"the drug dealer?"

"no, Kai. My father" she rolled her eyes "who else?"

"you're so snappy" Kai responded with a chuckle "okay, I'll come pick you up then?"

"please, my mom is home today so we can't be here."

"I'll be there in an hour"

"an hour!?"

"well, I don't know about you but me personally? I'm starving and craving sushi" he told her "and I figured I'd get the food then pick you up"

"okay, thank you. Also, you eat abnormal amounts of food." Ilaria hung up and pulled on a cardigan, she went back to her notes to ponder over some things in the hour.

She had to find that burner phone, she wasn't sure if she would find anything - but she knew people lied and whatever is on the internet? That doesn't lie.

And if, somehow, whoever this guy is, is tied to Kenna's death - that phone would be proof of it.

Ilaria bit on her pen- a habit her mother hated, she felt like her brain was working over time and at the same time not enough.

She closed her eyes, tried to think back on the days before Kenna died.

Then something hit her, the day before Kenna went missing Ilaria noticed something weird but Kenna brushed it off.

Her neck was bruised, like someone had gripped it too tight. There was some foundation over it but it wasn't covered enough for someone like Ilaria who paid attention to even the most minor details.

Now that Ilaria thought back on it, Kenna was awol the day before that and Ilaria could not get a hold of her. She tried but Kenna wasn't answering her calls, she never showed for school nor was she at home.