𝟏𝟔

THERE WAS A DISTANT RINGING SOMEWHERE. A sleepy Ilaria, tied up in a complicated knot of her and Kai's limbs was feintly aware it was her phone but was too tired to move.

She groaned and buried her face further in Kai's chest.

"are you going to get that?" Kai's voice was slightly deeper, it made Ilarias stomach erupt in a million little butterflies.

"can you just let me pretend it's not ringing" she said, curled into his side, she was so warm when he shifted the cold instantly hit her and she cracked her eyes open to glare at him as he grabbed her phone.

"it's your brother" Kai thrusted the phone at her with one hand while rubbing his eye with the other, still half asleep, his hair was a mess, it normally was but Ilaria decided his bed hair was 100% better than his usual messy hair.

"quit staring" Kai grinned at her "you better answer this" he said waving the phone at her.

She took the phone from him and laid down flat again, phone to her ear, eyes on the ceiling "Ilaria is-in-need-of-coffee Garcia speaking?"

On the other side of the phone Tate let out a frustrated breath "have you seen the time"

"isn't it like 7 in the morning" Ilaria yawned with a roll of her eyes.

"it's past 12,Ilaria" Tate replied, annoyed, Ilaria could practically see him pacing and pinching his nose "I had to cover up for you"

Ilaria, shocked that it was that late and realizing she was totally screwed with her mom let out the millionth groan for the moaning "thanks" she mumbled "what did you say to her?"

Kai let out a snicker next to her and she turned her head to glare at him.

"I told her you left early and I didn't know where" he answered "she went straight to bed after that but you know her, she knows somethings wrong. The amount of words she said in hindi that were very offensive actually hurt my ego"

Ilaria fisted her forehead rather dramatically and shut her eyes tight "you're such a lame liar"

"Atleast I attempted covering up for you, I could've just said you spent the night at a boys house. Would you have preferred that? "

"assuming is very bad" Ilaria quipped "what if it wasn't one boy?"

"please, you spend all your time with Harry Potter over there, it's easy to put two and two together"

Ilaria let out a laugh at Tates nickname for Kai and raised the blanket up to her chin "I'll call her and tell her I'm with Rose or something"

"so you're not planning on coming home soon?" Tate asked.

"obviously I'm coming home soon" Ilaria rolled her eyes "but first I'm going to have coffee, Harry Potter over here is going to shower, then I'll come home"

"and, unlike you, I'm not a lame liar. She won't question me if I tell her I'm with Rose."

"alright" Tate said "you owe me one"

"I have a never ending debt already" Ilaria gasped dramatically "there are people looking for me, Tate, don't be one of them"

"God, you stress me out" he muttered.

"that's what young siblings do" with that Ilaria cut the call and tossed her phone near the edge of the bed before turning on her side to face Kai who was already staring at her.

"now look who's staring" she teased and closed her eyes again, still exhausted.

When she opened them Kai's eyes were tracing her neck down to her collarbone and back up to her face.