𝟖

WHEN THE CLOCK STRUCK A QUARTER TO 9 - Kai got out some money (to get the guy to talk incase he didn't want to) he had told Ilaria. She protested against it but eventually gave up, they were running out of time and they couldn't be late.

There was a orange glow from the streetlights cast over the station, Ilaria and Kai parked a little further down the street and waited.

"this feels so sketchy" Kai mumbled.

"that's because it is sketchy, you idiot" Ilaria rolled her eyes at him in the dark.

"I kinda like it"

Ilaria shook her head and let out a laugh "same"

"where are our morals" Kai tsked.

They sat in silence for another 20 minutes before Kai perked up and whispered "I think that's our guy"

When they got out of the car Kai tossed his hoodie at Ilaria "you're literally freezing, I told you bring a extra jersey but nooo you're too damn stubborn" he rolled his eyes.

Ilaria glared at him but pulled the hoodie over her head nonetheless. It smelt like him, she loved it.  cinnamon and coffee.

The guy whom they later discovered name was Bill was a scrawny looking man, for some reason Ilaria pictured him as bulky.

He had long greasy hair and a permanent scowl, like he simply didn't have time for the world.

Same Ilaria thought to herself.

When they stopped infront of him, he never greeted. Simply pulled out a package to which Kai held out his hand and shook his head.

"we actually don't want that" Kai shrugged and Ilaria held up her phone, a picture of Kenna open "do you know this girl?"

The guy nodded slowly, putting the drugs back in his jersey, he seemed too stunned to complain about them lying to him.

"she's one of the victims of the towns killer" he shook with the cold "innocent looking girl, it's a shame"

"that's not what we're asking" Ilaria glared "has she ever bought from you?"

The guy scratched his chin and shifted from foot to foot, he nodded "as a matter of fact, yes she has. I remember thinking what's a pretty girl like that doing with this type of stuff" he shrugged "but then again you can't put anything past this new  generation"

"what's drugs was it?" Kai questioned.

Ilaria shoved her hands in the pockets of his hoodie, suddenly colder than she was before.

"she took anything she could get, really. The guy she was with always bought roofies though, I don't think she knew about that" The guy replied.

Ilaria bit her lip "the guy she was with? What did he look like?"

"certainly older than her, I'd say college. Posch" he nodded to himself "always in some type of bad mood"

Kai nodded "can u describe how he looks? Maybe if he has a scar or something that could help us find him? Do you know his name?"

Bill, clutching his jersey close to his body shook his head "I don't know his name. He is blonde though, very square jaw and he has blue eyes. That's all I can give. Who are you people anyway? Detectives?"

Ilarias eyebrows shot up, certainly he could tell they were too young to be detectives.

Kai smirked "you could say so, thanks for your time" he replied and spun on his heel, Ilaria following close behind.