𝟏𝟖

ILARIAS HEART PLUMMETED RIGHT DOWN TO HER FEET. Her breathing came out shallow, as much as she didn't want to know what was on that file... she couldn't help opening it.

She pressed the link and turned the volume up, Kai was a statue next to her. When the file opened they were greeted with a black screen and heavy breathing, a girls heavy breathing.

Ilaria wanted to switch it off, everything in her told her to do so but she couldn't move. Whoever was holding the camera mounted it and they finally got a view, a sick, twisted, terrible view.

There was a girl, she was strapped down in nothing but her underwear, burn marks - the same as Ilarias dotted her inner thighs. She was crying, thrashing, pulling at her restraints with all her strength.

Everything around Ilaria was silent, there was a ringing in her ears. Look away, she told herself but she couldn't, her eyes were transfixed on the laptop almost as though they had a mind of their own.

The girl had short brown hair, there was something about her eyes. Ilaria gasped and slapped a hand over her mouth, it was Ammarah.

Kai hadn't moved, she wasn't even sure he was breathing as she turned to him, finally getting herself to move, she shut the laptop and turned back to him. He was still staring at the laptop, as though if he stared long enough it might shatter and take away the horrible image with it.

"Kai" Ilaria whispered, she moved to stand infront of him, her back slightly pressed against the desk "Look at me"

Kai moved his eyes to hers, tears were silently moving down his cheeks. Ilaria stood on her tip toes and hugged him, he buried his head in the crook of her neck and then he cried.

Ilaria could feel him slumping and they both slid down to the floor, Kai's head still buried in her neck as he let out sob after sob.

He was sucking in air violently, like he was drowning and was desperately trying to breathe under water.

Ilaria moved slightly to sit on his lap, she wrapped her arms around him, ran her hands through his hair "it's okay" she murmed as he cried "you're okay, just breathe"

His hands were fisted in her shirt so tightly, like he was afraid if he loosened his grip a little bit she might dissapear.

She held him for what felt like centuries. Ilaria wished she could absorb his pain that way, if she held him tight enough maybe it would all go away. She would hold him that way forever, if it made him feel any better.

After hours, she felt his grip loosen ever so slightly, he pulled back to look at her. His hands trailed through her hair, over her face, down her arms, like he was convincing himself he wasn't in a dream.

He cupped her face and rested his forehead against hers, then he lifted his head slightly and kissed her.

Ilaria shattered and scattered and came back together again as she gasped into the kiss, he kissed her like he'd never be able to again, like he was starved and his hunger was insatiable.

Her hands moved into his hair, pulling him impossibly closer, her whole body was on fire, she could feel his heartbeating as frantically as her own as he parted her lips. He would never be close enough, she decided.

Through the fog in her head, she pushed away with a frown "you don't want this" she shook her head, her eyes moved away from his now swollen lips "you're not thinking straight."

Kai wrapped his arms around her waist, pulled her closer and placed a single kiss on her neck "I want this. I've wanted this since the day we met."

Ilaria pulled back again causing Kai to frown "you're not thinking straight" she said again as she turned her head away from him.