𝟐𝟓

A MONTH HAD PASSED. A month of FBI interviews and interrogations, a month of repeating the same things over and over. Ilaria had been sick of it but when they told her that her and Kai had been wrong about there being a partner - she didn't know if she should be happy or dissapointed.

The month had exhausted Ilaria down to her bones, between school, the FBI - she also had to deal with her mother and Tate's unending questions and scolding about the dangers she'd put herself in.

The conclusion that there was no partner didn't make sense to her but she never argued it - they were the FBI after all and Michael was being sentenced for life, Elle had informed her that he would eventually be put on death row.

That satisfied Ilaria enough to ignore the twisted feeling that things still weren't quite over.

Once they'd bid their farewells to the agents, Ilaria had grown oddly fond of, she immediately jumped into Kai's arms, she wrapped her legs around him and squeeled as he spun her around.

"Holy shit." he grinned setting her down, he kissed her slowly"We did it, agent. We fucking did it."

"we did, didn't we?" she grinned, she liked the word we alot lately. One could argue that it was her favorite.

She felt like a massive load had finally fell off her shoulders. Ilaria stared at Kai a smile still playing on her lips.

"That date." Kai began "How about tonight?"

"Tonight? Like tonight, like In a couple of hours?" she asked and Kai nodded frantically.

"Okay" she grinned, she didn't want to prolong it anymore anyway.

Ilaria pulled Kai into one last kiss before leaving him to go see Rose "Wear a dress!" he called behind her.

"We'll see" she called back as she left.

♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎

Rose hugged her so tightly, Ilaria was afraid she'd pass out. She tapped her friends shoulder "Let go."

Rose pulled back, green eyes shining with tears "You got him, Ilaria." she wiped at her tears and suddenly glared at her "But I'm still pissed you went through with it in the first place, anything could have happened."

Ilaria wiped her friends tears "Can we just be happy the monster is finally gone?"

"I've got cake!" Her friend exclaimed as she went to the kitchen, Ilaria sat at the island and watched her cut the cake and fill glasses.

"Where'd you get that?" Ilaria asked eyeing the champagne.

"Stole it from my mom" Rose giggled and handed Ilaria a glass "We had to have something to celebrate with."

They clinked their glasses together and Ilaria swallowed down the hot champagne, twisting her face in an expression of disgust "Why do people like that shit?" she asked and Rose laughed still sipping on her own glass.

"I like it."

"you have poor taste buds."

Rose rolled her eyes and Ilaria grinned "Kai and I are going on our first date."

"When?" Rose squeeled "It's about fucking time."

"Tonight"

"Tonight!" this time she exclaimed in horror "What time tonight!?"

"8?" Ilaria said as she watched her friend lose her nerves "Why are you so jumpy?"

"Do you even have an outfit?" Rose threw her hands up and dragged Ilaria to her room "It's going to be 8 in 2 hours!"