𝟐𝟕

Kai's POV

"THIS WASN'T THE DEAL. IT'S ME OVER THE GIRL, YOU SAID THAT." Kai hissed and spat blood out of his mouth. The metallic taste was making him nauseous.

The selfish part of him hoped Ilaria would find him. The other wanted her to stay away because he knew, she was reckless and driven and she wasn't going to show up with police or any sort of backup.

The man opposite him didn't reply, he stared out of the cabin window - watching for what?Kai didn't know.

Kai captor spun the knife in his hand and sighed "Honestly, I'd love if she did find us. I imagine she'd put up quite the fight and I love the ones who fight."

Kai shook his hands against the chair he was strapped to, he was trying to get out of his binds but it wasn't helping one bit - the rope only dug further into his skin.

The wounds in his stomach where his captor had stabbed him didn't help at all either.

Kai hung his head, the pain was the least of his worries - he hoped, prayed that Ilaria had the sense to go to the cops.

"She trusts you" Kai began "Have your way with me, do what you want - just leave her alone. That was the deal."

The man let out a laugh, it was manic - insane and Kai wanted to choke him for it. Still, the man didn't say anything and this only made Kai angrier.

"You know, it's nothing she doesn't deserve."

"You're sick!"

The man finally turned to Kai, he stepped closer, knife in hand and thrust the knife in Kai's stomach, Kai could feel the knife slide through tissue and flesh. He didn't scream, he wouldn't give the psychopath infront of him the satisfaction of it.

He bit down on his tongue, drawing blood as the man twisted the knife before pulling it out again.

The man held the knife up to what little light was flowing in the cabin - staring at the blood on it.

He clearly wasn't stupid, Kai knew that. He stabbed with precision - carefully avoiding places that were fatal because he wanted to drag out the pain, he got off on it - a quick kill did him no satisfaction.

The man stabbed him again, this time slightly deeper "Scream."

"No" Kai spat and the man clicked his tongue and pushed the knife deeper, Kai's vision was fading to black - he could barely keep his head up.

He wasn't even sure where exactly the pain was coming from anymore.

Kai didn't fight being pulled under, infact he let his conscious go, it would've been stupid but Kai knew the man wouldn't let him die anyway - not yet.

And if he did, Kai would fight for as long as he could - he didn't have much to live for but he had someone.

And he didn't want to leave her. They didn't have enough time. They needed more time.

He didn't tell her he loved her.