5- Dinner with the Mafia

"I swear you: he doesn't want to see me even in paint," Dazai said, walking through the aisles of the supermarket. "He is very, very angry with me. Why did you tell him the ring was fake?"

"Hmm? It was wrong?"

"Ranpo, you are not listening."

"Nope"

Dazai desperately pulled at his hair. Now, more than ever, he needed alcohol. Or commit suicide, that would do, too.

"Chuuya doesn't want to see me, or hear me; and if he breathes the same air as me, it's because he needs oxygen to live. Otherwise, he wouldn't even breathe."

"Well, that's your fault." The green-eyed one took three bags of sweets.

"Ranpo-kun, those sweets are very expensive."

"Maybe you're right. Maybe it wouldn't be a problem if Kunikida found that you're dating the best martial artist in the Port Mafia. We will never know."

Giving him a ugly look, Osamu took another two packets of sweets and gave them to his friend.

"Take as many as you want."

He sighed, and silently said goodbye to his money and his pay for the next few months.

"You know what? I think that Mr. Fancy Hat didn't even care that the ring was fake" Edogawa commented "Actually, what he seemed to get annoyed with was that you never deigned to tell him it was."

"Hmm..."

"I mean, he knows you don't have any money. We all know that. It's the intention what it counts, right? He wanted you to be honest."

The ex-mob executive grimaced. He did not want to lose his dwarf, no matter how aggressive he was. Why did Ranpo have to be such a snitch?

"How can I get him back?" Asked.

"Those sweets over there look pretty appetizing, don't you think, Dazai?"

"Besides being expensive..." He snorted and took the sweets. "Take."

"In answer to your question, you should be honest. Tell him the whole truth."

He made a bad gesture. The whole truth was too much truth. They approached the line to pay, and Dazai took Kunikida's credit card from his pocket, which he had "borrowed" from his partner's wallet earlier that morning when he had approached him to bother him.

"When Kunikida finds out about this, he's going to kill me."

"That's good for you, isn't it?"

Pay. 2,924,073 yen. That must have hurt Kunikida's wallet.

●▪[-♡-]▪●

Meanwhile, Chuuya suffered trying to teach Atsushi how to cook.

"Pass me the mayonnaise. No, that's not the mayonnaise. That's not the mayonnaise either. My God, Atsushi! Who cooks in your apartment?"

"Kyoka cooks" The albino answered embarrassed "Once I tried to cook, but..."

Chuuya snorted.

"Poor girl. Let's see, pass me the butter knife. No, not that one. The one with no edge, Atsushi!"

Kenji and Gin were in the living room. She was trying (unsuccessfully) to teach the blonde to play chess. Meanwhile, Akutagawa was leaning against the wall, sneering at Atsushi.

"If you're going to stay there, at least help a little" The tiger protested when he saw him standing there.

"I don't want to."