6- Training

As much as he tried, Atsushi slept terribly. He didn't sleep a wink the whole night for fear that Akutagawa would kill him at any moment and for no apparent reason.

And he was not the only one. Atsushi's discomfort rubbed off on Akutagawa, who also couldn't rest. And the few moments when he could sleep were plagued by nightmares. In addition, the weretiger moved too much, and more than once he had to yell at him to stay still, that he was not letting him sleep.

And Chuuya, for his part, couldn't handle the remorse for having yelled at Osamu and having returned the ring that represented their union. Of course he was still angry! But the night was cold, and he needed the warmth of the body of the suicidal at his side.

Basically, the only one who slept satisfactorily that night was Kenji.

And since Not Sleeping A Shit means Bad Mood The Rest Of The Day, the next morning, Chuuya, Atsushi and Akutagawa woke up in a bad mood.

"Step aside, damn Jinko!"

The black-haired man yelled, kicking his back and causing the albino to fall off the bed.

"What's your fucking problem with me?!" Atsushi yelled.

Chuuya kicked open the bedroom door.

"What do you think you're doing there, doing nothing? GET THE FUCK UP!

And between shouts, complaints and one or the other whining, the three teenagers and the almost responsible adult left in the direction of the Port Mafia base.

Luckily, those short minutes of car travel helped calm them down a bit. They took a breath, reflected on their decisions in life, and when they got out of the car, they were more depressed than angry.

"Well, I know you're a little tense" Chuuya said with an involuntary tic in his left eye "so let's do a destressing exercise."

"What is it, Chuuya-san?" Atsushi asked, struggling to stay awake.

"Fight training," the redhead answered. "I will fight Kenji and you will fight Akutagawa."

"Haah?!"

"You see? Now you are awake. The loser must buy the winner coffee."

Honestly, it could be worse. Atsushi knew Akutagawa, so it wouldn't be a problem to train with him. He worried more about Kenji, but the blonde hadn't had breakfast yet, so his strength would be enormous.

The training started off pretty well. The room intended for it was large enough and had suffice obstacles that could be crossed in a real confrontation. Akutagawa, aggressive as always, used Rashoumon to attack and throw things at Atsushi, who had to step back and destroy Rashoumon's cloth and the objects he threw at him with the tiger's claws.

Chuuya and Kenji, on their side, were having a most entertaining fight; The things that Miyazawa threw at the redhead were returned thanks to the Gravity Manipulation ability, and the blonde caught them again and threw him.

Anyways, Nakahara was older, and more experienced. In an oversight of the boy, he used an iron beam to capture his arms and tie him against another beam. Meanwhile, as Atsushi and Akutagawa weren't getting anywhere, he used gravity to his advantage to similarly imprison the tiger.

"I could alone," the black-haired protested.

"Sorry, you were taking too long."

He freed Atsushi and Kenji.

"Well, you owe us a coffee."

●▪[-♡-]▪●

At the agency, since Kunikida was on a mission, Dazai was relaxing on the couch listening to his favorite song.

"Shinjū Wa... Hitori de Wa, Dekinai... Wo wo, yeah..."

Kouyou Ozaki, who was occupying Atsushi's table, gave him a distasteful look.

"It's amazing that, after so many years, you're still as irresponsible as ever," she commented. "It even seems to me that you have worsened. When you were in the mob..."

"But I'm not in the mob anymore, am I?"

Ozaki grimaced and continued making her report. Yosano entered the office.

"Hey girl. I have an investigation. You come?"

Kouyou raised an eyebrow.

"You're talking to me?"

"Who else?" Yosano pointed to the door. "Are you coming or not?"

Quite surprised, the pink-haired woman got up and left the room.

"After you," the agency doctor encouraged her. Osamu looked at her mischievously.

"Go get her, tigress," he whispered, but loud enough for her to hear. Or should I say butterfly?

She made a face and went after Ozaki. It was chilling that Dazai found out about such things.

When both women were out of earshot, Osamu approached Ranpo, who was nonchalantly eating his (expensive) sweets.

"Have you come up with something to win back the Mr. Fancy Hat?" he asked without even looking at him.

"That's right," the chestnut answered. "But I will need your help."

Ranpo raised an eyebrow.

"And if I succeed, there will be a lot of sweets involved."

That was enough to convince Edogawa.

●▪[-♡-]▪●

That place may have been full of fraudulent murderers and extortionists, but one thing had to be admitted.

The Port Mafia coffee was greatfull.

"Do you grow this coffee?" Kenji asked.

"Oh no. This is Café Juan Valdez, direct from Colombia."

"Oh!" Atsushi exclaimed. "It's very good."

The tranquility did not last long. A team of subordinates entered with a couple of stretchers, causing a ruckus. Chuuya tensed and immediately stood up.

"Hey," he called to one of the men. "What happened?"

"The mission... There was an ambush... The ladies..."

Chuuya stopped listening. He turned to see the stretcher and found Higuchi and Gin with blood on their faces and a head injury.

"Take them to the infirmary." He said with a small voice. "TAKE THEM TO THE DAMN NURSING ROOM!"

The subordinates took the girls away, and Atsushi and Akutagawa stood up to watch.

"Chuuya-san, what happened?" asked Akutagawa. Chuuya looked at him in shock.

"Akutagawa... Your sister... And Higuchi..."

He only had to say that for the mafia Black-Fanged Hellhound to run after the men carrying the stretcher her sister was on.

"What happened to Higuchi and Gin?" Atsushi asked concerned.

"I don't know... But as soon as they receive their treatment, they'll tell us." Chuuya blew her fingers. "And that will be your first mission, Atsushi. You're going to make pay whoever did that to them."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

aaaaaaaaaaa

What will be Dazai's plan?

Who hurt Gin and Higuchi?

How will Dazai get money for Ranpo's candy?

You'll know as soon as I update this shit

Thanks for reading!