7- The Revenge

Definitively, that day could not go worse for Akutagawa.

After losing a whole night's sleep and needing Chuuya-san's help to beat Atsushi in training, the last thing he needed was to see his little sister on a stretcher and in desperate need of treatment.

Therefore, it was normal for him to be a bit more hot-tempered than usual.

"Stay here," Chuuya ordered.

Akutagawa didn't really want to sit around doing nothing, but he also didn't want to anger his superior, so without saying anything, he took three steps back and leaned against the wall with a grumpy face.

Atsushi watched him silently, knowing that a mistaken comment could unleash the demon. Even Kenji knew that the situation was delicate.

"Akutagawa-kun, are you alright?" The albino decided to risk asking.

"And what do you think?" The mobster glared at him Atsushi swallowed hard.

"I... I'm sure Gin will be fine," he wanted to comfort him. "I mean, she's your sister, right? If there is one thing you two have in common, it's strength."

Ryuūnosuke did not expect such kind words from his enemy. Biting his bottom lip, he glanced toward the infirmary door, anxiously awaiting her superior to come out with good news.

Several minutes later, Nakahara finally came out.

"Chuuya-san, how are...?"

"Both are fine, Akutagawa," the mafia executive replied. "But that's thanks to someone else."

Behind him, the figure of a woman appeared.

"Yosano-sensei!" Atsushi exclaimed in surprise.

"Hello, Atsushi," the doctor greeted with a nod. "Hello Kenji. How about your second day in the mob?"

"Eh..." The tiger hesitated. "Exhausting. How come you are here?"

"It's a funny thing, Ozaki and I were investigating some drug dealers, and we found Higuchi and Gin," she commented. "We arrived at the right time. Poor things...!"

"The good thing is," Nakahara intervened, "that now we know who the bastards are who did this to them. "So" he looked at Atsushi and Kenji "this will be your first job in the mafia. You're going to found them, and you're going to take down those motherfuckers."

•[ ♡ ]•

In a basement near the Yokohama pier, some bandits were recovering from the assault by the Port Mafia and the Armed Detective Agency.

"I told you it wasn't a good idea to rob the Mafia," one of them scolded the other. "Those Uld qahba¹...!"

They sighed. At least they hadn't confiscated his drugs!

But the problem with these dealers was that they were too trusting, that they thought they could dangerously injure two members of the Mafia and get out of harm's way.

They barely realized their mistake when they heard an explosion upstairs, and without enough time to escape, they were surrounded by bullets.

"Well, well," a certain redhead muttered, looking around. "Chemical weapons? drugs? If you've been working too hard on this, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to confiscate them."

With a wave of the hand, Atsushi and Kenji reached over to take the boxes of goods and carried them out. Chuuya then motioned for Akutagawa to proceed.

The Black-Fanged Hellhound approached one of the criminals and, making use of Rashōmon, turned him upside down.