11- Ability Experimentation

Of course. He told him that he had a bad feeling, and what Osamu did was disappear. Typical.

"Chuuya-san," Atsushi called, "are you alright?"

"Yes, Atsushi, don't worry," was the ginger response. "Continue with the report."

Actually, it wasn't good at all. He had just reconciled with his husband, and Dazai just disappear after warning him about a certain substance being trafficked in Yokohama and probably other cities in Japan. It couldn't be a coincidence.

He glanced at Kenji, who was taking inventory of the mob's weapons.

"Hey, blond boy, go find Akutagawa," he requested.

"Okay!"

Atsushi made a face.

"Hah? And Akutagawa for what?" he protested.

"I need him to tell me if the party thing is still going on" Nakahara answered calmly.

"Party?"

"Oh yeah, we were going to have a party tonight, but I don't know if we'll still do it after the incident last week. It doesn't matter. Continue with the report."

Kenji got lost looking for Akutagawa. After all, the Port Mafia headquarters was gigantic. But Akutagawa somehow knew that they were looking for him and went to Chuuya.

"Chuuya-san, did you need me?" he asked, reaching his superior's office.

"That's right... Hey, where's Kenji?"

"Kenji? I haven't seen him".

"And how did you know I was looking for you?"

"It was a hunch. I figured you wanted to know about the party.

Chuya sighed. What would he do with his telepathic children?

"Okay, okay." He rubbed his temples. "So, the party...?"

"The plan is still on," the black-haired confirmed. "Gin and Higuchi already feel well enough to go."

"Okay." His phone rang. "Will you excuse me for a moment?"

He had to be honest, he was hoping it was Dazai. But no, it was Kajii. He made an annoyed gesture, but answered.

"Yes, Kajii?"

"Hey, Chuuya-san!" The young man greeted happily "How are you?"

"Fine, Kaji. Thank you. Something happens?"

"Oh yeah! You see, I was working on the samples you gave me and..." Kajii blew out a breath of admiration. "It's amazing. I didn't think it was really possible..."

"What?"

"Skill experimentation, of course!" Kajii's voice sounded very excited. "You really have to come see this, Chuuya-san."

"Uff, with how busy I was..." The redhead glanced at the teenagers, who were about to hit each other "You know what? I'm on my way."

"I'm waiting for you here, Chuuya-san!"

Chuuya hung up the call.

"Hey, no fighting in my office," he scolded Akutagawa, who was already holding Atsushi by one ear, while the albino tried to bite his arm. "I'll go with Kajii. You guys do me a favor and find Kenji. I don't want him running into the corpses in the basement."

"Corpses?!" Nakajima screeched.

"Don't worry, Jinko, those corpses aren't in such bad shape. They only have their limbs twisted at impossible angles and their eyes stuck inside their skulls."