9- The Dress

Kunikida was having a bad day.

Not only had the waste of vandages been absent since the day before, but Yosano and Kouyou had ignored the fact that they had to file a detailed report on the incident of the Arab criminals (which had already happened a week ago) and had left dedicated to talk during work about the state of health of Akutagawa's sister and his personal stalker.

To make matters worse, due to the lack of the brunette in the office, Fukuzawa had sent him to arrest other criminals who tried to sell chemical weapons (which seemed to have increased in popularity lately) accompanied by a traumatized child who even the mafia locked up for a long time for being too dangerous.

Yes, he had to complete the mission accompanied by Q. And he didn't like it one bit.

"Hey, Mr. Glasses-kun," the boy called Kunikida.

"My name is Kunikida."

"Hey, Mr. Kunikida-glasses-kun" Q rectified. The blonde sighed.

"Yes, Q?"

"Why should we interfere with these arms dealers? Wouldn't it be better to turn a blind eye and let it go?"

"We don't know what kind of weapons these people make. They could be dangerous, capable of even destroying entire cities."

"So what?"

Kunikida didn't know what to answer, so he became hard of hearing and kept walking.

Crossing a street, Q stopped. When the one with glasses wanted to ask what was wrong, he noticed that the kid was staring at a dress displayed in a shop window. Q looked at Kunikida, pointed at the dress, and said:

"I want you to buy me that."

"Hah?" Kunikida was really surprised "But I thought you were a boy..."

"Me too," he replied nonchalantly, "but I want to wear that. It's not like there's any problem with a boy liking to wear skirts or dresses, is there?"

"N-no, not at all." The blond pressed his temple to relieve his stress. "Let's do something: if you help me complete this mission without killing or injuring anyone mortally and in the ideal time, I'll buy you the dress."

"You promise me?"

"I promise you."

The brown-haired kid of indefinite gender smiled and walked determinedly, followed by Kunikida, who sighed thinking about how much that dress could cost.

"Well, we have forty-five minutes to complete this work, the best thing would be that, Hey! Where are you going?" While he wasn't looking, Q had pounced on an ice cream stand.

"I want ice cream!"

"Wait! Q!"

•[ ♡ ]•

The place that the president had indicated to them was on the pier. Cautiously, Kunikida and Q watched several men remove boxes from various trucks and put them into warehouses.

"I still think it's a better idea to turn a blind eye," the youngest commented.

"In any case, we have to stop them," the one with glasses decided. "Does something occur to you?"

Q didn't answer, but someone behind them did.

"Me."

With a start, Kunikida pulled out a pistol and pointed it at the newcomer, who was none other than...