Extra - A Cage with a Sea View

∆Contains spoilers from Chapter 107 of the manga∆

The first sense he regained was his sense of smell.

He didn't know why. Perhaps it was because of the delicious smell of freshly baked cookies that filled the room he was in. However, despite that, he didn't dare to open his eyes and look around. He didn't know where he was or who he was with. The last thing he remembered was Dazai pushing him out of the elevator as it plummeted into the void with the brunette still inside...

"I leave the rest to you."

He didn't understand. What could Sigma possibly do? He wasn't a gravity manipulator like Chuuya, nor could he kill with a single touch like Fyodor. After wandering around for a while, he ended up fainting, hungry and freezing after nearly drowning.

Was he in heaven? Was he even still alive?

He heard voices. He kept his eyes closed so that they wouldn't notice that he had awakened.

"Any news of him?" The voice sounded close, just above him to his right.

"Nothing, completely disappeared," someone else replied, a little distant from them.

From the sound resonance, he could deduce that they were in a medium-sized room. The second person must have been at the entrance, most likely. A hospital room, perhaps?

"Alright. Keep searching."

"Yes, sir."

He heard the second person turn around and walk away. He felt a hand caressing his hair. The first person approached his face.

"You don't have to pretend to be asleep, Sigma," they said gently. "I won't hurt you."

He swallowed and slowly opened his eyes. He was met with a pair of beautiful blue eyes looking at him.

"How did you know I was awake?" he asked.

The boy with the blue eyes chuckled softly.

"I noticed the change in your breathing rhythm," he replied. "I'm glad you've woken up."

Sigma looked at him. Those eyes and that red hair... They were familiar from somewhere.

"I know you..."

"Yes," the redhead admitted. "We know each other. Although the last time we saw each other, we didn't have a chance to chat. I was quite busy being a vampire."

His eyes widened in surprise.

"Chuuya-san?!" he exclaimed. The mentioned person smiled.

"Hello, Sigma. I'm glad to see you again."

Now he remembered perfectly. This was Chuuya Nakahara. They had met that time when Fyodor sent him to that science gala to buy the explosive coins and the ability nullifying poison. The mercenaries he made the deal with betrayed him and tried to kill him.

Chuuya saved him. And Sigma asked him for help to escape from Dostoyevsky, but before he could say anything else, Nikolai used his coat to take him back and prevent him from revealing more.