|Chapter 12| Coming Home

*Hermione*

Waking up in Draco's arms had become a habit over the last few months. He often woke before me, running his hands through my hair or pressing kisses to my skin, wherever he could. It was intoxicating and never failed to make me want to stay in bed.

"Good morning, beautiful," his raspy morning voice made me giddy. I felt his fingers trail down my back, pulling me onto his chest.

"Good morning, Draco," my lips found his, dancing together. His tongue traced my lips, asking for entrance. I opened up and let him explore my mouth. If Amentia hadn't let herself in the open window, I don't know that we would have stopped.

Her squawk caught my attention and I broke away long enough to see the letter from Hogwarts in her beak. I slid off of Draco to the floor, slowly padding over to grab my letter.

Dear Miss Granger,

It has come to my attention that you are expecting a new edition to your family. I have taken it upon myself to spread out your schedule to allow for more frequent breaks. Additionally, I have rearranged the head girl/boy dorm to accommodate your need for a nursery. Please do let me know if there are any further accommodations we can provide for you.

Always your friend and mentor,
Headmistress Minerva McGonagall.

I gasped as I read, knowing I'd taken quite a bit of time to hide my pregnancy from anyone outside of Draco, Harry, and the hospital staff who knew from my stay. I wasn't sure which of them let it slip to her, but who knew if she was aware of the babies' parentage.

I showed Draco and he groaned, "Who told her? I would have managed to turn my room into the nursery. Does that mean she expects us to sleep in separate beds?"

"I don't know, I thought maybe you told her. At least then she'd be able to remove the hexes blocking us from entering each other's rooms. How are we going to sleep?" My eyes grew wide, suddenly pricked with tears.

"I didn't, must've been Potter. I can tell her, if you want? Then she can take down the barriers and we'll be free to sleep wherever." He stood, bringing his hand to cup my cheek. He wiped my tears as they started to fall. "Whoever told her was looking out for you, though." His voice was softer, as if he'd been happy for the betrayal.

"Yes, but not telling her that you're the father would also be an issue. Anyone in our world will assume they are Ronald's children. The last time I was seen publicly with a man, it was him." It got harder to breathe, feeling like the air was vacuumed from the room. The thought of Ronald being anywhere near me or my children was nauseating.

"'Mione, flower, please don't think that way. I will put it in the papers before I let that bastard anywhere near you." Draco's voice was almost a growl. "Let's not dwell on that thought, love, instead we should get ready for the day. We must finish packing for our journey back to Hogwarts tonight." He smiled as he gestured to our mostly-packed trunks.

"I don't want to ride the train this year," I admitted. However, I didn't know how else to go.

"I planned to use the floo network into the Great Hall." Draco shrugged, "Thought it made the most sense." He was right. Why hadn't I thought of that?

"Good point, that will be helpful. We should get there early, to avoid any extra attention as we move to our room." I smiled, "It would also give us time for some extra curricular activity." I batted my eyelashes at him, making him laugh as his hands landed on my waist.

"What sort of extra curricular activities are you interested in, Miss Granger?" One of his hands moved to cup my bum.

"The sort which got us into this particular situation, please," I gestured to my stomach. I knew it wouldn't be but a few weeks before I'd be showing. We'd made it 16 weeks so far, at this rate I'd be giving birth at Christmas time.