|Chapter 19| Hurt

*Draco*

Potter picked at me throughout lunch, despite me choosing to sit with them. Holding onto Hermione was the only thing that kept me from cursing him.

She seemed quiet as we made our way to the Quidditch Pitch, shrugging off my arm. I was taken aback at her cold shoulder, annoyed that she wasn't just telling me what's bothering her. As I made my way into the locker room I was met by Blaise. I set my cloak on the hook, retying my shoes.

"So, you and Granger? You're serious about that?" The mocking tone of his voice pissed me off. I cut my eyes up at him, a cold stare on my face.

"Is there a problem with that?" I seethed, watching him shrink back. My hand hovered over my wand in my pocket.

"No, I just can't believe your father hasn't killed you yet. You better get a dna test on those kids. Otherwise you'll be raising Weasley mutts." He laughed, Pansy joining him.

"If you're smart, you won't talk about my kids. Or imply that Weasley had anything to do with them. Unless you don't like your tongue?" I raised an eyebrow, a cruel smile spreading on my lips. I had done my best not to be violent with anyone, but the whispers and strange looks from people were testing my strength.

The look of shock on Pansy's face was evident. She reached out to stroke my arm, "If you need a break from your accident," she paused with a smirk on her face, "I'm happy to meet you at your dorm." She all but purred. Even the thought of her unappealing body made me sick. I couldn't even think of other women like that, my body didn't respond at all.

It was strange, I used to shag one girl and be able to turn around and shag another or check out others within the hour. Now I can't make myself imagine anyone else. Part of me thinks it's the babies, maybe they're manipulating my mind. Another, more logical, part of me knows it's her. I always admired her body even if her need to answer every question annoyed me first year.

"Mate? Are you okay?" Blaise snapped in front of me. I had Pansy's arm in a vice grip, likely hurting her. I dropped her arm.

"Don't touch me again." I bit at her, watching her pout.

"She's more than just a shag to you, isn't she?" His words caught me off guard. I knew she was, but I didn't know how much more she was until Pansy tried to touch me.

"Obviously." I rolled my eyes. The rest of the team moved towards us, it was nearly time to take the pitch.

"Alright guys, time to smash the Gryffindors. Do not disappoint me this year or you'll all be working hard for any house points for the rest of your time at Hogwarts." I joked, knowing I could make them work hard if I wanted.

I was itching to go outside just to catch a glimpse of her. I had to work hard to get my mind on the game or I'd lose the snitch to Potter.

The warning whistle blew and we made our way out onto the field.

"Game on," We cheered.

*Hermione*

I was seated with the staff, between Minerva and Hagrid. We made jokes and Hagrid reassured me that Draco had not tormented anyone this year.

"He's a new lad this year, he is!" His jolly voice made me feel better. The comfort radiating through my body was strange, but as I rested my hands on my belly I felt the strength increase. My babies were trying to comfort me.

"Minerva?" I felt my gaze flicker to her, her eyebrows wrinkled as she looked at me. I motioned for her hand to join mine. As she touched my stomach she recoiled, startled.

"The babies?" She raised her eyebrows. I nodded, catching a glimpse of white-blonde hair. My attention returned to the Pitch as my heart jumped at the sight of Draco in his broom. He flew past us, winking at me. My blush was like fire on my cheeks. Pansy flew closely behind him, shooting daggers at me.