|Chapter 4|

*Hermione*

We had a long night. I hadn't felt such passion in a long time. It was one thing I didn't have time for during my journey with Harry and Ron. My entire existence was masked by my knowledge and abilities. I hadn't been acknowledged the way my body needed.

Draco's eyes met mine and I had a realization, I hadn't been acknowledged by anyone except someone I used to think of as an enemy. His gaze sent a shiver down my spine. It was beyond intense, with passion and lust filling his eyes. I slightly bit down on my lip and I heard him let out a light groan. I was so caught up in him that I hadn't heard the intrusion until my name was sadly spoken.

" 'Mione?" It was Harry's voice. I froze.

"Hey Harry, can I speak with you in the kitchen?" I asked, Harry's face was hard. It was unreadable. I caught glimpses of hurt and betrayal cross his face.

"Yeah. But you've got to meet Ronald in a half an hour." He spoke shortly, his tone was clipped. I knew I was going to catch hell.

I swiftly finished Draco's bandage and met Harry in the kitchen. He appeared to be livid.

"How dare you betray Ron like that? Were you one of them? Have you gone to the death eaters???" Harry was quiet but you could sense his anger.

"I wasn't having sex with him. I was just bandaging his wounds. I do need to speak with Ronald. You know all too well that I am not a death eater. They have actually been hunting me these days." I was hurt that he thought I was against him.

"Your face said otherwise. You have something with him, don't you?" He had his hands balled into fists.

"I don't know. I was helping him. The death eaters attacked him. They are now against him too." I was in an honest mood, "He is here so I can help him stay safe. Even if I did have some feelings for him, I know that all my feelings for Ron have disappeared."

Harry just nodded. He looked away from me and then his eyes slowly trailed over to be directed at my bedroom door.

"What do we do with him when school starts?" Harry asked.

"He is going to be head boy." I whispered the words, knowing I had been keeping the information from my friends for over a week.

"How long have you known?" Harry asked, inhaling quickly.

"A few nights ago at the ball." I whispered, lying. I didn't want to tell him that it was included in the letter.

"Oh." He whispered, after my interaction with Draco nights before the party we had discussed possible passwords for our dorm. Head girl and head boy always have a separate dorm than everyone else. Thinking about it now made my body heat up.

"Hermione? Do you have other guests?" Harry asked quietly, pointing at a pair of muddy footprints that I hadn't noticed before. I immediately remembered that the death eaters had been after Draco and I.

"Draco!" I felt my body tense and Harry's eyes flicked with recognition. I put a finger to my mouth in order to shush him. I cast a non-verbal spell that would keep us from being detected.

I motioned for him to follow me and slowly began walking to my bedroom. I started hearing Draco's soft cries. Upon reaching my bedroom door I saw him, his body was tinted green and he was writhing in pain. The death eater standing over him was his father. My shock must have been enough to draw Harry to pull his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry screamed, Lucius's wand flew from his hand into mine. Draco's body instantly relaxed.

"I don't know what you are thinking but you need to return my wand you filthy half blood." I watched cautiously as Harry just smirked and held his wand at ready.

"No sir. You will leave or your wand will be snapped in half. This is your only warning." I tried to be as close to warning him as I could without meaning it.

Without a word the man pulled a broom from near the window, clearly it was his way in, and left. I snapped the wand in half, knowing that he would know what I had done.

"Harry I need to move. Now. Help me pack. Draco, don't move. We're going to pack and you're going with me." I didn't give him a choice. I quickly dialed my emergency realtor.

"Hello, Miss Granger? How may I help you?" His voice was concerned. He was a human whom knew my identity. He was under a spell that kept him from telling anyone my location, address or that I was a witch, or basically anything that could end badly.

"Hi, Lawrence. I need to be relocated. They found me. I need a two bedroom loft with top level security. Maybe somewhere overpopulated so it will be harder to pinpoint where I am exactly." I threw out my instructions.

"Two bedroom?" He asked.

"Yes. My, uh, boyfriend is staying with me." I said carefully so as not to disclose Malfoy's identity to him. I mouthed an apology to Harry and Draco.

"Oh, alright ma'am. Pet friendly or not?" He asked, I mumbled something alone the lines of an agreement. He read me an address and informed me that he would get me a key in half an hour.

"Alright, I have a home in the middle of London. I need to be packed and there in half an hour." And then we set off to packing. With all the magic being used I was surprised the ministry hadn't busted down my door yet. It was illegal to use too much magic within a certain mile radius of muggles.

"Alright. Once we get Malfoy, I can put your bed in the bag and be ready to go?" Harry offered, I nodded.

"I'll fly Malfoy to the loft, meet us there?" I requested. Once Harry had agreed and began magically opening my trunk and slowly easing my bed in, Malfoy slid an arm through mine and I helped him onto my broom. I released Amentia and she rode on my shoulder while we flew out over the city.

A/N: sorry this is so late, I have been busy with marching band. We made history for our school this season and I'm ecstatic to start concert band! I get to finally give my sprained ankle a break and I think I may have sprained my wrist...): but anyways, I hope you're enjoying this! There is over a thousand words in the chapter! I'm going to begin working on chapter five as soon as I publish this! Everyone have a good, safe Halloween if I don't update before then!