It Could Have Been Worse

I really haven't been paying attention to the signs I kept pushing them to the back of my mind. Thinking Fatima you're just tired and stressed but I knew something was off. I picked up some pregnancy test the other day. I had to wait until Zac left so I can take them, I wanted to be sure first before I let him know.

I can't say that I am not scared, I'm nervous as hell. What's the likely hood of getting rid of two potential baby mamas just for me to end up pregnant.

A whole bunch of thoughts were running through my head. Are we even ready for this we haven't even started planning a wedding. I guess we gone have to get ready there's no turning back now.

I peed on one test then sat it on the counter, I walked away as my nerves got the best of me. Talking to myself Fatima calm down everything is going to be okay either way. I walked over to the test and I seen 2 red lines I held my stomach in disbelief. I mean I know it's possible as much as Zac been shooting the club up it was bound to happen. In denial I ended up peeing on four more test and they all came back PREGNANT.

I really didn't know which emotion to feel in that moment. I'm going to be a mom, tears slowly fell from my face as I held my stomach that showed no signs of me being pregnant. All I knew is that I didn't want to be anything like my mother. I didn't even want that energy around me. Collecting up all the test I threw them in a plastic bag to dump in another trash can away from our house. I couldn't leaving any traces messing with Zac.

I knew that I was going to have to tell him. I was going to wait until tonight to give him the good news. I'm sure he is going to be on cloud 9.

I got dressed for work and headed out the door. On my drive to work I thought about how my friends would normally be the first I would tell the good news to but this was something I will keep to myself. Eventually I would tell Andi but not until I tell Zac.

I got to work and could not focus one bit my mind was all over the place. I was zoning in and out of all my meetings. I just had to step away and get some water.

Andi: Hey are you okay, you're not looking like yourself?

Fatima: I'm okay just probably need to eat something.

Andi: Maybe eat and some rest. I'm sending you home.

Fatima: No Andi I am fine

Andi: No you're not just take the day off and go rest and if you're better you can come back tomorrow.

Fatima: Okay since you are forcing me

Andi: Got that right and don't come back until you feel better

Fatima: Okay, thank you

I decided to go pick up a couple food items before I headed home. I sat at the red light as I watched a mother and her child walk across the street. The kid had a big smile on her face. The car behind me started honking their horn because the light had turned green.Not looking both ways halfway through the light I see a car to the left of me coming at me full speed. Before I could move the other car crashed into my driver side causing my car to flip over a couple of times.

All I could see is feet running towards my car. Trying not to panic it felt like everything around me was spinning.

Siri please call Zac

Sorry I can't understand you

Siri call Zac

All I could remember was I was being pulled out of the car then I blacked out before I could even call Zac.

The Knock at the door

Looking at the clock Fatima should be getting home by now. I tried calling her but her phone went straight to voicemail. I tried to call Andi but she wasn't answering either.