Approaching her

"I am just going to approach her, Harry" Hermione said, walking in the corridors, going back to the Gryffindor common room after a tiring potions class, along with Harry.
    "But why suddenly" He questioned.

"I don't know, honestly. Maybe we could get to know her"

    "That's... great!! Maybe I will join you. When are you going to meet her though?"

"Whenever I get the chance to, and I've been meaning to ask, Where is Ronald?" Hermione asked.
    "He said snape called him, and he had some busy work" Harry replied.

"Busy? Busy doing what?" Hermione dramatically said
    "I don't know?... Probably listening to snape's pathetic voice and helping him clean his table?" He said, to which they both laughed.

As they walked by, There was a group of students standing, with papers on their hand. They all looked excited. Harry and Hermione looked at this scenario from far away.

Harry followed Hermione as she suddenly started walking faster, closer to them in a hurry.

"Are they getting notes?" Hermione looked concerned.
    "Hermione... No one would ever be this excited to get notes than yourself, slow down.."

As They walked closer, They heard those students saying y/n's name. They just quickly knew it was y/n, who was giving away autographs.

Along with the group of students standing around her, mostly containing boys. the ginger boy, Ron weasley was standing too.

"Ronald??!!!" Hermione squeaked. Ron quickly turned towards them, surprised to see Harry and Hermione.

"What?? An autograph?, Honestly Ron?..."

"So THIS is your busy work, Ron?" Harry teased.
   "I thought you would never get her autograph because you think she's rude and you like krum better?" Hermione genuinely questioned.

"Shhhhh Hermione!!!!!!" Ron shushed her with a gesture. "She literally right here!!"

"Guess she didn't know that" y/n said, signing away another autograph. Hermione's eyes widened as she saw y/n, she quickly looked away with no response.
    "Is that what you think, Weasley?" Y/n questioned Ron. "Or is it just what she thinks?"

"Nouh! Not at all" Ron let out an awkward laugh. "I would never think like that!"

Y/n who was leaning against the wall, started getting closer to the Gryffindors but the students were stubborn getting an autograph.

y/n suggested that she could sign them some other day. They all slowly walked away, disappointed. Some tried to argue but she simply ignored them.

"What's your name again?" Y/n asked

"Hermione Granger"

"Oh.. not you." She scoffed, making Hermione roll her eyes.

"You are... You are Harry Potter, right?" Y/n excitedly said, pointing at Harry.

"Yes, I am" Harry replied.
     "Professor McGonagall had told me about you and how good of a seeker you are, we should play together sometime" y/n offered to which Harry nodded.

"I- I am a player too" Ron hesitated.
   "You can come too, if you wish" Y/n grinned.

"Really??! I can come?"

"Do you know how to play? Oh you are who again?!" Y/n mocked Hermione, who looked pissed off.
  "I don't and I've told my name a thousand times now" She replied.

"Ha, of course you don't" y/n sneered.
    "Do you even know anything apart from quidditch" Hermione said, trying to keep it cool.

"Well, it takes much more than being a quidditch player to get sorted into the triwizard tournament, doll face. Know better" y/n said and winked at Hermione. Hermione immediately looked away but looked back again at y/n.

"I know better than you, y/n/yln. Mind your own business" She roared.
   "What stuff do you know, tell me. Impressing guys?" y/n said, coming closer to hermione, with a smirk on her face while Hermione was left speechless.

"You really think you know better than her, Hermione?" Ron joined.

Hermione's eyes became teary as even her own friend turned her down.

"How old are you?" Y/n nodded at Hermione.

"Fourteen"

Y/n smiled. "Didn't your muggle parents teach you to pay respect to elders?"

Hermione breathed heavily, showing signs of clear anger. Y/n backed up.

"Sorry, I heard you are muggleborn-" she started.

Before y/n could finish, Hermione rushed back in the direction which she came from, slightly pushing Ron away. It looked like she was crying.

"What's wrong?" y/n looked worried.

   "She's a bit sensitive, you see" Ron said, recovering from the push. "So, when are we going to play, y/n" his eyes sparkled. Harry just watched in silence.

"Sensitive? What for-" y/n questioned with a confused face.

______________________________________

Hermione went into the Gryffindor common room, with teary eyes.

The students playing Wizard's chess, the students reading books from the library didn't seem to notice the tears in Hermione's eyes but Ginny Weasley, chatting with Dean Thomas and Parvati patil did notice.

"Hermione?" Ginny whispered, walking towards Hermione. As Hermione heard it, she looked up at Ginny and immediately wiped her tears.

"What happened?!" She sat beside Hermione in the sofa, comforting her.
  "I've talked to y/n" Hermione shared which made Ginny sign.

"What's wrong?"

"She's just too much.. She thinks she knows everything! Even.. even Ron. She took away my own friends from me" Hermione said, wiping her tears.

"Ron? What did he do" Ginny rolled her eyes thinking of her brother.

"He's supporting her! Think he'll support even when that narcissistic creature calls me a mudblood!"

"She called you a mudblood...?" Ginny's eyes widened, her cheeks were turning red in anger.

    "Close, I returned before that. The worst part is Harry and Ron didn't say a word against it!!" A tear rolled down again in Hermione's cheek as she saw Ron and Harry enter the room.

"Why are making such a scene Hermione" Ron frowned as he entered.

   "I am making a scene now?!.." Hermione let go of Ginny's hand and walked straight at Ron, in full speed.
  "Why care?! Pack up and go sleep next to y/n and fulfill her commands and wishes" she shouted and made her way to the girl's dormitory.

Harry signed and walked towards Ginny as Ron was still throwing words at Hermione.

"What did she say?" He asked Ginny.
    "Why didn't you help her?" Ginny asked back.

"Ginny.. y/n's a friend.." Harry said in throaty voice.
    "You've known Hermione for ages, Harry.." Ginny narrowed her eyes.

"Harry, professor McGonagall is Coming this way" Ron hurriedly said, Just then harry realised, that time was going faster than he had thought and all the students at the room had already disappeared.

"I have no time to explain Ginny but"

"But?"

"Do me a favour, Tell Hermione to... to meet y/n tomorrow evening, at the library" Harry said, walking backwards, returning to his dorm.