The first task

All the students were asked to gather around to see the first task. While on the way, Ginny joins Hermione, talking about the mysterious gift.

"Did you ask krum about it? Ginny questions
   "How?" Hermione said dramatically. "He's very busy, preparing for the tasks"

"Right, but make sure to ask him after"

They reach and take their seats, Hermione feels some discomfort even though Ginny is with her, it was clear that she definitely missed Harry and Ron, just as she was thinking about it, Harry and Ron were coming towards her but she pretended not to see them

They took the seats beside Hermione, with Ron being in the middle and Harry sitting beside Ron.

"How long will you ignore us?" Ron starts, staring at the rocky place.
   "Until you apologize!" Hermione roared.

"Sorry, Sorry Hermione!" Harry apologized.
   "And you?" Hermione said looking at Ron, while he rolled his eyes.

"Harry just did it" he mocked.

"Just say it Ron" Harry whispers.
   "Fine, I am sorry. Hermione" Ron says sarcastically.

"Well, I've missed you guys" Hermione claimed.
   "Me too, Hermione" Harry said and paused awkwardly for some seconds.

"There's something I need from you" Harry resumed, to which Hermione looks at him suspiciously

"So that's why you're here...?" She raised her eyebrow at Harry.

"No!.. not! Definitely not!" Harry hurried. Hermione took a deep breath and said "what is it"

"You know, the first task is dragons" Harry whispered, leaning against Ron to make sure no one heard it except hermione and Ron

Hermione's eyes widened "it's dragons? Oh noo!"

"Yes! And all the champions know it!" Harry says.
    "uh huh.. but.. What does that have to do with me helping you?" She questioned.

"Except Y/n, everyone else knows. She doesn't know it but she has to know it! Right?!" Harry seriously said to which hermione slanted back.

    "When did you two get so close with her that you care for her so much now? And why can't you go? Why should I? I have no business with her, you guys are her friends... Atleast for now I guess.. let's see for how many weeks it lasts.. or days.."

Hermione sassed, looking away with both her eyebrows raised.

"She's very sweet Hermione, you are just..." Ron started but Harry shushed him immediately and started speaking instead.

"Don't you think it's unfair that all the others know it except y/n?" Harry tried to convince her.

"It's y/n's job and talent to figure it out, If she's incapable of it, We are not supposed to help. There's a reason why she's choosen for the tournament" Hermione stated.

"What are friends for, then?" Ron asked to which Hermione immediately snapped back " just as I said, I am not her friend"

"Hermione I get that you are practical but i-" Harry was cutted off by hermione.

"why can't you guys go?" Hermione questioned. "Is there something behind this?!"

"No hermione! There's a separate tent for girls." Harry gulped

"There's a separate tent for girls?!!"

Hermione started laughing. "What do you think I am, Harry? Y/n is the only girl in the tournament, are you telling me there's a separate tent just for her?"