y/n likes krum?

The next day, y/n decided to visit the trio at the Gryffindor table. As she entered the great hall, she immediately spotted the trio, Hermione looked upset while the boys were just chatting while Ginny was talking with Dean Thomas. Y/n walked towards them.

They all looked at eachother with confusion, not being sure how to respond. Hermione had her eyes fixed on the cereals she was eating. She wished to not look y/n, that was clear.

"Uhh.. hermione.." y/n started, awkwardly standing.

"Look at me" y/n softly said, sitting down.

"Did you ask Rita to write those things about me" hermione's voice trembled. She looked like she was about to cry. Y/n sadly shook her head, saying no.
"I would never do that Hermione.."

"I am not even sad about Rita indirectly calling me a whore but you... You could have just..." Hermione's eyes finally looked at y/n.

"Can I tell the truth" y/n started. "I know Ginny told you about it, your assumption about me asking Skeeter to write is completely wrong but I love-"

"Why are you here" Before y/n could complete, krum appeared behind her.

Y/n stood up and started speaking to krum which wasn't audible to anyone else. "I know you are the one who manipulated hermione" Krum smirked. "Revenge" He muttered under his breath, as they were staring at each other intensely. Ginny cleared her throat to get their attention.

"We can sort this out hermione, it wasn't me" y/n spoke the next moment.
"You knew they are in a relationship! Still you wanted to cheat your bestfriend to make krum like you?" Ginny bursted out. Y/n was confused.

"Krum?.."

"What.."

"Yeah did you not tell me you liked krum! Tell the truth" Ginny almost sounded as if she was threatening y/n, everyone near them was looking at them.

"M-me?- Y/n likes hermione not me!" Krum claimed nervously.

"What-" everyone yelled.

"Y/n likes me?..." Hermione looked at y/n with some kind of eyes which y/n couldn't read.

" Hermione looked at y/n with some kind of eyes which y/n couldn't read

But she turned away the next moment y/n caught her staring. "N-no way.." Hermione stuttered.

"Why would I like hermione?" Y/n replied, just to watch Hermione's eyes get teary right after, y/n turned away to face Ginny as she could bear the helpless eyes of Hermione. She took a gulp and continued "I like- I like-"

"Krum!" Ginny shouted.

"Y-es" y/n said and ran outside the room immediately. Krum watched her run away, confused.

They all stared at each other, unsure of what to say or do.

Y/n stopped as just as she was out of sight and panted for some moments. "I'll show you krum, the joke is on you, not me" she thought to herself.

~

Later that evening, when y/n was polishing her extra quidditch broomstick, there was a knock on the door. She expected fleur but it was none other than,

"Harry! Come in" Y/n smiled as Harry got in along with Ron. "Oh you too, Ron, come on in"

"Come on sit down!" Y/n offered as they awkwardly took their seats. "Any special reason you two are here?!" Y/n said, pouring water in two cups.

"No! Well... Actually yeah" Ron laughed awkwardly. The silence grew, y/n looked at both them quietly.

"Why are you both awkward around me now.." y/n questioned, she sounded disappointed.

"No! No! W-we aren't no not y/n!" Harry managed to spill the words he could think of at the moment. Y/n smiled a bit and offered them some water. "So tell me"

"So you really like that..uhh krum?" Ron said after taking a sip from the water.

Y/n chuckled and spoke again "Anything wrong with that?"

"Well, he's hermione's boyfriend and you are her friend.." Ron replied hesitatedly.

"Right Uhm.. actually.." y/n paused and took a deep breath.

"I like hermione.."

"What!!" They said in unison.
"So krum was right?!" Harry questioned.
"Bloody hell!"

"He was" y/n shrugged. "There was this time, not one time but always.." y/n laughed after she finished.

"What, I don't get it?!" Harry questioned.
"Have you gone mental?" Ron frowned at words of y/n which didn't make sense.

"Ehh? Sorry I should get a hold of myself. There was this time when krum lost it to me at the world cup"

"I know! I was there!" Ron jumped. "I was on team krum"
  "Team krum?!" y/n glared at the over-excited, standing Ron
    "But now, I am team y/n" he convinced, sitting down back.

"And even in the previous match, he lost to me. Back then, he said that he would take revenge on me by winning the next match but poor soul never got it" Y/n smirked. Thinking about it made her feel good.

"You are speaking like a villian right now y/n" Ron claimed.
  "Maybe because I am" y/n replied to which the boys cringed.
"Well sorry!!" Y/n shyed away.

"So?! Continue the story" Harry said.

"This is the revenge he says" y/n shrugged.
    "What is?!" Ron attentively questioned.

"Before you guys, he had figured out that I liked hermione! That I really don't know how! Man must really be thinking of all the ways to defeat me" y/n rolled her eyes and continued,

"so he approached hermione before me and got her. My relation- I mean friendship with hermione was very well but he manipulated hermione, saying that I asked Rita to write about us!"

"But why does Ginny say you like krum?"

"That night.. I cried to Ginny and I accidentally slipped some of these secrets but she assumed that I like krum instead of hermione. Even when I was talking with you guys today at the table, I thought hermione knew that I like it but it turned out to be like this! So I used this" y/n simply completed.

"Mastermind" Ron said dramatically which made y/n laugh while Harry smiled along.

"So you are going to pretend that you like krum?!" Harry questioned to which y/n hummed in response.

"But you could just say all of these to hermione" Ron suggests.
   "Hermione wouldn't hear a word I say and krum is with her. So let me first get krum out of this" y/n replied.

"How does that work" Ron said, drinking Harry's glass of water too.

"I'll make krum believe that I like him and I do not like hermione. He'll eventually move on so I need you guys to not tell this to anyone please! Not hermione! Not Ginny! Promise?"

"Promise!" Harry smiled.

"Damn, I am kind of jealous of hermione" Ron said to which the other two laughed out loud.