A gift from who?

Ginny tells hermione what Harry told her yesterday night but Hermione still was holding a grudge. After the classes, Hermione who usually reads at the library brought the books and started reading them in the Gryffindor common room itself, inorder to not meet y/n.

"Hermione?" Harry came in panting. "Didn't you... Didn't you go to the library?" He said, still panting.

Hermione didn't say a word and simply raised the book in her hand, showing she could read from here too. Harry left with a sign. Hermione watched him and continued to read.

After moments, Hermione heard a distinct voice which was definitely talking to her, with her name mentioned.

"Nice to see you Hermione"

Hermione looked up, just to see Luna lovegood. "Hello Luna" Hermione said, smiling. "What brings a ravenclaw to a Gryffindors common room? and how did you get in without the password?"

 "What brings a ravenclaw to a Gryffindors common room? and how did you get in without the password?"

"Harry told me the password" Luna said and observed the common room, looking around.

"What's that.. in your hand" Hermione Questioned breaking the silence, looking at the box in Luna's hand.
    "Oh I totally forgot, didn't I? It's for you, from someone special. I will keep it here" Luna smiled and kept the box in a table far away from Hermione. Hermione's eyes never left the box.

"What are you reading?" Luna sat beside Hermione in the sofa.

Hermione and Luna were chatting a lot but as it was time for Luna to leave. She waved goodbye.

The next thing Hermione did was grab the gift and all her books which she borrowed from the library to her dorm.

______________________________________

As she entered, Ginny weasley, Lavender brown and Parvati patil were all chatting together.

They all quickly turned towards hermione, who was unaware of them sitting there.

Hermione quickly hid the gift behind her back which made her drop all the books on the floor accidentally.

"We've all seen it Hermione" Ginny said, intensely staring at Hermione. Hermione laughed awkwardly and revealed the box.

"Wow what's that" parvati asked.

"It's a gift, Luna gave me" Hermione's replied.
  "Open it then!! Could it be Anything delicious?!" lavender screeched.

Hermione sat on the bed and started opening the gift, all eyes fixed on the gift, curious to see.

She finally opened it but what was inside it wasn't very impressive.

"Swish and flick?"

There were two feathers, one flat on the surface and one floating. "Swish and flick" was written on the box, It was the wingardium leviosa spell. All the girls looked at the gift with disbelief.

"Well... It's from Luna, you can't expect anything else, but there might be any reason behind this, which she Herself only understands" Ginny shrugged.

"No, Ginny. From what I've observed, it's not actually from Luna. She said it's from someone... special?...." Hermione recalled. "But there's no name written"

"Special? We did hear about your special friendship with the quidditch star victor krum!" Parvati teased.
"Oh please, he's just my friend" Hermione beamed.

"Ohh just a friend?!" said parvati and lavender in union while Ginny laughed along.

"Anyway I think it's time we go to bed" parvati said and went away with lavender.

Hermione and Ginny remained quiet for some moments as they watched parvati and lavender leave. Hermione started speaking "what if it's actually from krum?"

"Could be, maybe he's tryna show you that he actually knows something" Ginny replied sarcastically.

"Oh shut up! He's selected in the tournament and you think this is the spell he tried to show off?" Hermione laughed.

"Or maybe he's trying to say that you are as soft as a feather?" Ginny teased. "Until he sees you, punching Draco Malfoy"

They both laughed out loud at what just Ginny said, chatted for some more minutes and eventually went to sleep.