night before the Yule ball

"I told you not to!!!" Y/n snarled just as hermione thundered in.

"Ronald?! You asked out fleur, is that true?!" She sat down beside Ron, who looked completely destroyed. She completely ignored y/n's presence.

"Yes, he did" Ginny holding Ron's arm, replied on behalf of him. Hermione signed.

"Well, if your friend helped you rather than focusing on ONLY themselves, you could have had a partner by now" she finished and side-eyed y/n.

"Well, someone forgot that they are also your best friend, Ron" y/n shaded back, folding her hands behind her. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Please keep your fight out of this, hermione" Ron suggested, still stunned.

"Why blame only me?! Whatever, I am going with krum. You both need to find a partner soon!" Hermione flexed.

"Some never understand" y/n mumbled, sitting down on the floor beside Ginny, Ron and a set of other girls who looked Ginny's age.

"Hi y/n!!" A girl greeted excitedly, followed by the other girls shaking y/n's hands.

"Later! Later!" Ginny forced them out.
   "Thought they were concerned for me but now I know" Ron signed and fell flat on the floor to which y/n felt guilty for.

"I didn't mean to- ehh it's-"

"Hi Harry" Two voices, very similar to each other, interrupted y/n. It was Parvati and Padma Patil

"Hi" Harry greeted back.
"How do you all get so popular. Y'all I don't get it" Ron said dramatically, sitting up.

"Wait-" Harry turned back and started following the two who just passed by.
"Bloody hell, now what?" Ron questioned dramatically again, looking at hermione who was kneeling before them. She shurgged.

~

"Ron! Ron!!" Harry entered after 5 minutes, breathing heavily. "We will go with parvti and Padma, deal"

"Wha- how did that get there!" Ron raised his eyebrows at Harry.
"We have no other choice!"

"Atleast you've got a date now Ron, they are not bad!" Ginny convinced.
"Let's go to bed Ron, we have some things to discuss about" Harry suggested to which Ron nodded and stood up. The girls watched them walk away, it was obvious that they were deciding about which one of the twins they will go with.

Silence was maintained until Ginny broke it awkwardly. "I will be going to sleep now, hermione you?!" Ginny questioned.
"Yes, I... I have to finish just a couple of pages. I will reach soon.." Y/n's mouth curved into a smile as she heard hermione say so, Ginny went to the girls dorm looking concerned at hermione and frowning at y/n at times.

Hermione pretended to ignore y/n's presence, she took the books in her hands and sat on a sofa nearby. She sneakily watched y/n legs get closer to her.

"Is it true that you are reading that book because you want to and not because you want to be with... Me?" Y/n teased, walking slowly towards hermione with her hands inside the pockets of her black, long track pants.

"Ofcourse not! I would rather be anywhere but with you" hermione sharply looked and replied as if she was shout at y/n.

"Then why is that book upside down?"

Hermione's eyes widened and sharply looked at the book again. It was not upside down but hermione realised, that she fell for the trick and also that she was hermione Granger, there's no way such thing would happen. Hermione was too shamed to look at y/n now, she kept staring at the book blankly, pretending to not have fallen for the trick.

"Well, if you were really reading.." y/n sat beside hermione on the sofa, slighting brushing hermione's shoulder, Hermione moved inches away from y/n to not be in contact. "You would know, it was not upside down"

"What's the matter" Hermione rolled her eyes. "I didn't fall for it anyway, I am just continuing to read my book"

"Nothing, just-"

"It would be so much better if you left right now" hermione said, irritated.

"Fine, I will leave" y/n whispered in Hermione's ear which sent down chills down her spine and stood up. Hermione didn't except y/n to leave.

"Wait" Hermione hesitatedly spoke again. "W-who are you going with?" She waited for an response.

"Not Krum" Y/n said and left through the door, without having a care to look back at hermione.

The reply really heated up hermione, but she really didn't know why... Y/n saw her sitting there with a unpleasant expression on her face, as she stalked hermione from outside. She decided to finally leave as she felt mr.norris's meowing sound.

Hermione had many thoughts running through her mind. She involuntarily closed her book and got snapped out of her thoughts finally. Hermione realised she did feel sad but couldn't find the reason why she felt that way.

She finally switched off the lights, deciding to forgot about it all and look her best on the ball tomorrow.