D-do you like them?-

Y/n rushed to the Gryffindors room, knowing she wouldn't have any papers in her dorm as she never reads rita Skeeter's trash talking about her in the daily prophet.

She spotted Ron and Harry still playing Wizard's chess as Ginny sat beside them with her hand placed on her head, frustrated.

"Ron, Ron!!" Y/n thundered in.
Ron replied, being startled "Blimey y/n!!"

"Give me the daily prophet" y/n panted from running all the way.

"What?! Why?!" Ron questioned, looking puzzled and nervous. Y/n noticed him sharing looks with Harry and Ginny.

"What's up with you guys?! Just give it to me" y/n panted through her words.

"Is there anything up with you and Hermione?!" Ginny sharply pointed out, raising her eyebrows at the other girl suspiciously.

"N-no?!" Y/n dazed.
     Ginny thought for a second and spoke again but her tone was different from how she always talked.

"Y/n, sorry but it's just that there's some rumours about you and...  Hermione, written by Rita Skeeter" Ginny dithered. "I think it's better if you do not see it, nor hermione has to see this. I've been hiding this from her"

"I see" y/n slowly sat down beside and decided to tell them the whole story and sincerely asked for the paper.

"It's all nothing for me since I always read rubbish about me every other day, that's why I simply don't read news about me but it could be hurtful for hermione" she completed as they nodded sadly

"I really tried my very best to not see it. She always reads the news!" Ginny signed. "I really don't know who showed it to her"

"I know, Ginny. Not your fault. I think krum showed it to her" y/n replied, frowning in anger. "What's in the paper? She sounded so angry.."

"Here" Ginny handed the paper out to y/n, which she got it from Seamus who was a big follower of the daily prophet just like his mother.

"H-hi y/n.." Seamus waved shyly as he gazed at her for a long time and was waiting for y/n to notice. Y/n waved back with a smile.

"You too, Seamus?!" Ron rolled his eyes at Seamus to which Seamus made a face at Ron.

"You guys are on the headlines" Ginny bit her lips, making a face rather looking uncomfortable as y/n looked at the paper.

The daily prophet

"Y/n, the girl who took place in the triwizard tournament and the weakest of all them has been knocked out of her broom as reported.

From what we have received recently, it is known that y/n was seen hugging miss Granger. It was reported that miss Granger has specific interest on famous wizards. It is also well known that miss Granger is also smitten by the Bulgarian player, victor krum. What will y/n think of Hermione's attraction and affair with the Bulgarian captain-"

Y/n squeezed the paper, furiously. "What has she written" she shouted. The Gryffindor room fell dead silent, everyone stared at y/n, frightened and confused.

"S-sorry" y/n quickly got up and tried to get out of the room, followed by Ginny. All the eyes in the room looked at them leaving. Gossips started to flow inside the room even before they had left the room.

~

"This is why I didn't show you" Ginny yelled, running behind y/n.

"Leave me alone Ginny" Y/n walked faster but Ginny was able to keep up with it. "Why are you so furious?!" Ginny yelled, still fast walking behind y/n. They had reached y/n's room by time and they stopped once they reached it.

"Share it with me y/n" Ginny whispered softly. Y/n slowly walked into her room, as Ginny eventually followed.

Y/n signed as they sat down. They remained silent for some minutes until Ginny spoke up.

"Calm down"

"I am trying to" y/n sounded clamer than she was before.

"You really told me all these memorized Dialogues about how you wouldn't get hurt but now you are upset because she called you the weakest of them all?? No you're not y/n, you'll definitely get the cup!" Ginny encouraged.

"Maybe that's not what I am hurt for!" Y/n replied, pouting.

"Then?!" Ginny questioned..

"Hermione and krum..."

"Them? Don't you know they are together?" Ginny said, sipping water she got from y/n's dorm.

"Don't remind me" y/n's eyes were tired, her voice full of sorrow. Ginny immediately looked up at y/n..,

"Don't tell me, y/n..." Ginny's mouth slowly turned itself into gasp.

y/n kept quiet, her eyes were starting to sweat up. "Hermione doesn't deserve this, is it my fault?"

"D-do you like...."

Y/n immediately realised what was about it come and what she accidentally slipped to Ginny, y/n's eyes widened while she virgorously shook her head at Ginny, saying no

"Really y/n-" Ginny looked disgusted.
"How you do that to someone who has been with you since ur childhood?" Ginny stood up with the same disgusted face.

"Ginny" y/n said, standing up too. "I can explain! Please do not tell it to hermione!" Y/n pleaded.

"Why are you here?" They turned their heads towards the entrance to see fleur Delacour standing there, questioning Ginny. Ginny's gaze again turned to y/n. "I am so sorry" Ginny mocked and left just as fleur entered the room. Y/n just looked at her blankly.

"What's happening" fleur touched y/n"s shoulder. Y/n signed and sat down.

"Ginny.." y/n simply replied.

"Ha don't I know that red head" fleur bluntly said and continued. "Have you read the paper?" Fleur showed the paper to y/n's face.

"I did"

"I am so sorry y/n! See that's why I told you to stay away from that Granger gir-"

"I can't stay away from her" y/n cutted off fleur flat out.

"What? Why not!" Fleur shaked y/n to get her attention.
    "Because I love her, you idiot" y/n snarled at fleur. Silence awoke.

Fleur's eyes widened in alarm and stood like that for some seconds, processing. "What" she softly said.

"I just can stay away from her, I've tried and tried and tried!!" Y/n broke down completely as fleur breathed heavily not sure what to do. "She's my best friend, she's.. everything"

"D-does she know?!-" fleur questioned, side hugging y/n.

"Not now BUT SOON WILL! Ginny figured!"

"What are you angry about?!, She Will definitely like you back because you are.. you are y/n. Does anyone even reject you?" fleur confidently spoke.

"She's not your regular girl fleur" y/n turned away from fleur. "Now Ginny will go straight to hermione and tell that I like her, hermione will think I payed Rita to write those awful things about her and me"

"If you ask me y/n.. There's plenty of amazing option waiting for you. I heard this Cedric boy, yeah that one is going to ask you out soon!! Better just forgot that girl"

"Forget her? Ha" y/n laughed. "You want me to forget her?????!" Y/n yelled which made fleur flinch.

"S-sorry y/n but I can't help you with this one.. her personality... Not good at all but it's your choice. Talk to her tomorrow" fleur patted y/n's back before she left. Y/n sat alone for some minutes, her forehead covered with her hand, stressing. She decided to talk about this with hermione tomorrow.