CHAPTER 26

THIRD PERSON POV

Team seven, after a rest of 2 days gathered near a shore having a meal of cooked fish procured from hunting.

"Now you know" Saukra started, twirling a stick on the sand she had pick up somewhere "There may not be anymore Heaven's scroll"

"What do you mean Sakura?" Sasuke asked taking a bite from the fish which they hunted priorly.

"Our scroll was burnt by Orochimaru, from that point on the amount of team that can pass went down by one...And there are only 13 scrolls and we took 2 days for our recovery" Sakura swallowed back her fervor and beseeched cautiously.

Sasuke's eye peered at Y/N who was munching on her fish,  "Either way, the next enemy is our last chance"

Y/N got up and left without a word as Sakura and Naruto looked at her in confusion

"I'm going to get some water" Sasuke left in search of Y/N, his feet quietly taking him to the destination.

Near the shoreline, the shirazaki stood with a complicated expression on her face. 

"What was it?" Her soft voice whispered to nobody in particular. She stretched out her slender hands, gazing at the back of her hands, her mind full of turmoil.

She suddenly felt an unfamiliarily familiar vehemence, her breath slightly erratic.

She inhaled the air along with the steam, letting it sink into her pores, washing all her ambiguity away.

Her hands caressed her neck seeing almost light fainted bruise. Who?  Disregarding the thought, her mind flashed with the way she fought ruthlessly with Team Dosu. 

That power. It felt amazing.

The uchiha saw Y/N near the shore gazing at her reflection. Was it excitement or was it fear? 

"Sasuke" Y/N glanced at the uchiha, smiling unamusingly.

"Y/N" started Sasuke uncertainly not knowing what to say seeing the violet eyes laced with confusion

"What is it?" adjured Y/N with a turn of her head, dull lilac gaze locked to onyx eyes, somewhere a shared understanding. Sasuke knew what it was that put Y/N in a accretion of ferment. 

"It's that man" replied Sasuke with a perturbed expression emanating from his face, harking back to the snake ninja "The power made me feel so strong, like I could take anyone"

Y/N felt the jittery spike of adrenaline shoot through her and her heart banging against her ribs.

"He is dangerous, Sasuke" worry lines framed her mouth and tugged at her eyes "He made us act out of character. You -you would never have recklessly attacked the ninja but--"

"Shh" Sasuke brought his finger near her lips silencing her ramble. Y/N's face grew confused not understanding his motive.

Somethings really never change. Her habit of rambling was still the same, it was like a breathy explosion of words. But still it was cut short to restricted people and that only included the uchiha. Somewhere deep, Sasuke knew this and it made him content.

"It's okay. We can learn to control it"

"Or we should get rid of it" Y/N spoke casually seeing Sasuke halt with a slight widening of his eyes

The uchiha lightly moved towards the amethyst eyed girl. Now, Sasuke stood in front of Y/N. He raised his hand tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, both their eyes following the movement. His hand found it's way to the back of her head pulling it towards his neck. Y/N's eye widened, as her shoulder's trembled slightly. She finally relaxed, her breath calmed, her heart now beating swiftly.