The End of the World and A Start for New Beginnings

<Celestia Andromeda>

"Are you ready, my lady?" Mirah asked, facing away from the woman he swore to protect with his life. His partner and fellow guard, Alme, stood beside him, having just surveyed the perimeter of the room and checked for any danger that could threaten or harm his lady. 

The lady in question blindly searched for the silky material of her blindfold, a task that would be done in seconds if it weren't for her eyes being closed. The search for the blindfold caused her to end up at her vanity as she continued to search as she listened to a recording of the list of guests that were attending the event before finally feeling the soft material. She rubbed the material on her fingers before tying it around her eyes, pulling her further into darkness.

"Yes, I am ready." She announced as she stood from her chair. Her guards turned around once everything was in the clear. "Let's not keep them waiting." She said, giving them a playful smile before passing them.

The halls echoed with the light tapping from heels and the stomps of her guards, all those who passed them couldn't help but shield their eyes from them until they walked by; only then would they allow to take a peek at the woman who had the stars in the palms of her hands.

<Doctor and Rose>

The Doctor and Rose were led into a large room, where they found a few other guests mingling with each other and staff members serving food and drinks to the guests. They decided to stand near a column as they waited for more guest to arrive, though the Doctor heard many of the different species' attending chatting about how excited they were about one particular person who was rumored to be attending, as they could not help but gossip and anxiously watch the door for said guest.

"Hurry, now, thank you. Quick as we can. Come along, come along. And now, might I introduce the next honored guest? Representing the Forest of Cheam, we have trees, namely, Jabe, Lute and Coffa." The Steward said as he welcomed in the following guest, a barked skin woman and her two guards.

The Doctor and Rose stood silently as they observed the guest. The Doctor was already used to other species but for Rose, it was different as it was her first trip. She couldn't believe that she was actually seeing and meeting actual aliens.

"There will be an exchange of gifts representing peace. If you could keep the room circulating, thank you." The Steward informed aloud as more and more guests arrived and waited to be announced. "Next, from the solicitors Jolco and Jolco, we have the Moxx of Balhoon. And next, from Financial Family Seven, we have the Adherents of the Repeated Meme. The inventors of Hypo-slip Travel Systems, the brothers Hop Pyleen. Thank you. Cal Spark Plug. Mister and Mrs Pacoo. The Ambassadors from the City State of Binding Light." The Steward introduced loudly.

The Doctor and Rose were then joined by the barked skin woman and her two guards. Rose noticed that their skin was also wood bark.

"The Gift of Peace. I bring you a cutting of my Grandfather." Jabe said as she gave the Doctor a rooted twig in a small pot.

"Thank you. Yes, gifts" The Doctor thanked as he patted himself down, not finding anything to give to the woman as a gift. After patting his pockets again, he came up with an idea." Er, I give you in return air from my lungs." He said before breathing gently on Jabe.

Jabe not expecting such gift, took it in joyously. "How intimate." She flirted.

"There's more where that came from." The Doctor said, matching her flirtatious energy though it was clear in his eyes that he did not actually mean it. Jabe was pretty but the Doctor was not ready to open his hearts up to anyone at the moment. 

"I bet there is." Jabe purred before leaving.

"From the Silver Devastation, the sponsor of the main event, please welcome the Face of Boe." The Steward announced as a large glass case barely makes it through the doorway. It contained a giant humanoid head with straggly hair and squinting eyes. Rose and the Doctor failed to notice the glances they were receiving from the Face of Boe, who wanted greatly to greet his friends but couldn't.