The Princess and the Empty Child

Authors Note: I do not own any of the photos, they are from google. 

Celestia had another night of trouble sleeping when she decided to check in with the Doctor to see how he was doing. She entered the console room, dressed in a light silk pink night gown, and noticed the Doctor was in deep concentration. She had brought a book Rose had recommended, so she decided to read it in the console room while he worked on the ship, just wanting to be near him but far enough so that she wouldn't bother him.

 She had brought a book Rose had recommended, so she decided to read it in the console room while he worked on the ship, just wanting to be near him but far enough so that she wouldn't bother him

 The Doctor had noticed her walk in, sit in her usual seat, and open her book to read so he decided to return his attention back to his task before spotting the time projected on the monitor. According to the Tardis, it had been at least ten hours since the wedding of Sarah Clarke/death of Pete Tyler, meaning that Celestia had not adequately rested as she had spent many hours with Rose, comforting her and helping her grieve the loss of her father. 

"What are you doing awake?" the Doctor asked Celestia, who was now immersed in her book. He watched her, waiting for her to respond but she kept silent as she continued to read and flip to the next page. 

 She never knew she would get so invested in a romance book, but she was glad Rose had talked her into reading it. It was a bit cliche in some parts, but she would most likely read the sequel if there were one. "You should be in bed resting." The Doctor told her sternly, a worried glint in his eyes. 

"You barely convinced me not to drag you to the infirmary, now here you are reading when you should be sleeping." the Doctor lectured her, but Celestia still did not listen to him as she turned to the next page of her book. 

"Stella... Stella... Celestia." The Doctor called out to her, but Celestia continued reading as she was in the story's climax. She gripped the book tighter as she carefully read the next few lines.

 The Doctor frowned before walking over to stand in front of her. "Princess Celestia." He called out loudly. This grabbed Celestia's attention, finally stopping her from reading.

Celestia looked up at him with a frown. "Wow Charming, I thought we were closer than that." she said as she folded the top corner of the page she was reading and closed the book, holding it in her hands. 

"Well, you weren't listening to me." The Doctor said, taking the book out of her hand. "The Princess's True Self by Melody Malone." He read aloud before holding it up and away from Celestia, who tried reaching for it but was failing as the Doctor continuously moved the book away from her. Now frustrated, Celestia stood up from her seat, snatched the book from him and used it to hit him in the chest.

"Yes, and it's actually really good." Celestia said to him, setting down her book on the chair before facing the Doctor. "Now what can I help you with?" she asked him, crossing her arms.

"You should be sleeping." the Doctor said, crossing his arms as well. He stared long and hard at her, noticing the dark circles underneath her eyes and the obvious fatigue that she was fighting off now that she didn't have something to focus on.