Four: Shrike

Valencia have never deceived Jungkook before.

Since the second she met him, it was because of her that the other alters took notice in him. She was intrigued by him, and something about him made her want to grow closer - A divine connection, or perhaps fate wanting them to meet, but when she looked at him, she just knew she'd do anything for him.

Whether it was by watching his back from jealous fuckers in Orchids.

Putting in a good word for him to Boss.

Or the minimalist thing with just having him feel comfortable, she tried hard to make him feel noticed and not as the newbie in the empire.

Yet when Jungkook arrived, he was obviously there with a mission in mind, and those glaring eyes to Valencia - well Taehyung - would definitely not go unnoticed. Yet she still tried to help him, in whatever way he needed, even when he didn't want it.

It was like a distant attraction, perhaps one sided.

The others upon seeing this connection were intrigued. So digging deeper, trying to understand what it is that made her attached, they didn't expect for all to fall for him within the process. Eden was the toughest to crack, since that's just how he is. He's the last line of defense, so he has to keep his guard up.

It was after they ran away, spent a whole year together, where Eden finally admitted he was in love with him.

But it all started with Valencia, and since that day she vowed to be whatever Jungkook needed her to be - a friend, trainer, enemy, wife, anything.

She'd do anything for him, even if he hated her.

So, to have the same women who was once so in love now being the same one to deceive the man she loves is out of character. But that's just the thing, this isn't about him.

It's about their son.

A mother would do anything for her kids, and she's doing just that for the sake of this family.

For Yeosang's happiness.

That's why after five days, just as Seokjin instructed, she returned to the same spot where they have been meeting - waiting for him. Throughout these five days, Taehyung has been on timeout. Karma or Tigresa would be front, sometimes acting like Taehyung - like they've done many times before - and keeping Jungkook in the loop of his false promise.

Taehyung can keep that promise, that's why he won't be involved with what's happening now.

To escape the forest, Tigresa told Jungkook that they would be off meditating, so to not disturb them in the process. Jungkook didn't find that strange, since Taehyung would often times go meditating at random places in the woods to center himself.

Throughout these four days that passed, Jungkook would have birds or other animals spy on Taehyung's doings - since obviously he doesn't have that much trust in him into keeping his word. Taehyung never mentioned when he'd see Seokjin again, so perhaps Jungkook expected it to be sooner than later because yesterday no animals followed Taehyung around - so perhaps he expected Taehyung to actually listen to him.

Even today Valencia made sure to keep an eye peered on her surroundings, and so far, nothing suspicious on her beloved husband.

While leaning against the railing to gaze at the water, Valencia kept a headstrong mindset that what she is doing is for the best of their family. Yeosang will be happier. They can all leave together and start over again.

They can give the kids a chance.

That was all that would motivate her to stand here, just as a familiar presence made its way beside her.