Thirteen: Who's Son?

This is risky.

Extremely risk.

Jungkook knows he shouldn't do this.

Well, he could and there shouldn't be a problem since it has to do with him, but still, technically he's strictly not allowed to cross these lines so consistently. The first time he got lucky he wasn't caught, now? Who knows if he will or will not.

Especially with the new recruits in the building.

Ideally it'll be better to do it after hours, but Hoseok never leaves that office unlike how he did now to set up preparations for the Gala tonight.

Well actually, Jungkook is technically supposed to be there, but since he's been on such a good behavior lately - less eyes are on him now, which is something he's been attentive of since the last time he was here with Taehyung. So, he said a pretty please to Lisa to go ahead and then he'll come up once he gets the recruits in order.

Which isn't false, he is in charge of the newbies when Moonbyl isn't around to torture them with military training. He's in charge on observing their abilities and training them on it, and many of them sure made themselves promising. He sent them already to their own posts to rest, giving himself time to get ready.

Now he's here, in front of this office door, unsure whether he should take the risk and observe that file deeper into detail now that he has the opportunity. He has time, the only risk is if someone sees him and snitches -

"Excuse me sir."

Shit.

Quickly Jungkook pulls his hand from the door, turning his attention to see a familiar boy standing there in the camo unform of Oasis - one of the recruits. 

Min Jigi, the same boy he saw met at the park - out of some coincidence of the universe, him being here as well. The kid is pretty impressive in regard to his abilities and stays to himself all of the time. He isn't seen talking to the new recruits or being distracted by them - not like his behavior is insufferable, but he clearly came here with a thought in mind to accomplish.

And Jungkook would like to think it's to improve.

So, it didn't nudge Jungkook's anxiety to see him, since he knows the kid knows how to keep his mouth shut. 

So Jungkook subtly relaxes, nodding to him, "Yes cadet?"

Hwanwoong looks at him unsurely. He's been wanting to catch Jungkook by himself for a while now, but it's been difficult since Jungkook is such a dismissive type of person and is always with someone watching him from afar. Seeing it from an outside perspective from Jungkook's behavior, Hwanwoong can see that as a defensive shield - he has seen it whenever him and Taehyung would fight in the past.

That's why Taehyung usually would be the one to initiate the apologies or conversations. 

Not like Taehyung cared, he hated being on bad terms with him.

Now Taehyung isn't here to relieve him of that defense mechanism.

"I apologize to disturb you, but I've been meaning to speak with you."

Jungkook knows time is ticking, and he can't waste it.

"Sorry kid, I have important business to attend to."

Hwanwoong's eyebrows knitted together as Jungkook turns to the door, only to come to figure out that it's locked. He nudges on the knob for a moment before huffing in distraught, knowing it won't open so easily. Clearly there's something inside that Hwanwoong can't understand how it could be so important, but because he's his dad, he did him the favor.