Five: Backstory

"This man is going to die."

"I let my guard down."

"We all did."

"I had it covered, and you just had to get involved you sensitive bitch!"

"He threatened our family -"

"He's known for that!"

"What did you guys do? Where are we?"

"Shit, he's awake."

"Well someone has to take gear - Anyone besides Taehyung."

"I can -"

"Valencia, you've done enough. Karma go."

"Why do I have to?"

"Because your charming attitude can probably grant us survival,"

Eyes fluttered immediately - a reaction from that familiar feeling as though the consciousness was pushed ahead - followed by a pounding and fierce headache, to then feeling weak.... The body feels weak.

Fuck, that was a hard hit.

Karma groans in disgust to how nauseous this body started to feel - reminding him of how bad he handles alcohol because of how gross it makes him feel inside. Now mustering the strength to snap his eyes open, Karma was only being greeted with nothing but blurred darkness and his body feeling so tired.

Was he drugged? Is that why he feels so fucking hungover right now?

No, Namjoon wouldn't drug him.

He wouldn't do that to Eden.

"Oh Karma, not a surprise to see you being the one to have risen first."

He's here already?

Grunting to the headache, Karma manages to ease his head up after gaining a better sight to his surroundings - unfortunately for him, recognizing the room far too well.

They're in the ballroom hall of the Orchids empire mansion, behind him being a wall of windows in its own vintage design that's now covered by thick black curtain, spreading the darkness within the shadows of every corner. This room would be popular during Gala meets, annual parties, and formal gatherings - Karma would know, he participated in all of them and sometimes had to take care of some clients along the way.

Actually now thinking about it, Karma did have quite the fun here actually.

In that corner to his right, he remembers melting the head off this dealer for disrespecting boss during the meeting - of course ordered the majesty himself.  A few feet away, the memory was quite vivid of him dragging this bitch with a chain around her neck, who was grooming his three-year-old son into taking him to a brothel. And right against the wall right in front of him was where he fucked Jungkook the first time they got sexual - which funny to think about since he had to cover Jungkook's mouth with his tie so he would shut up from being too loud.

Being here now, looking attentively through the walls coated by murals and the large chandeliers hanging up from the ceiling, having the wall lampposts be the source of light within the darkness, listening to the faint sound of Symphony no.40 in G Minor by Mozart in the background - it almost began to feel as though time didn't change.

Everything is exactly the same.

Maybe even Karma is also the same. If for a moment he were to relive that past, nothing about his actions or behavior would be any different, he'd still handle everything as he remembers it - like some muscle memory instinct.