Twelve: Simon

It's been a long time since Taehyung stepped into a chapel before.

He never had the need to the attend one, even as a child - well that's a lie, he'd attend church in his teenage years and in the beginning stages of his marriage with Wheein. He's a faithful believer, he truly believes these abilities he has is because of the Creator himself for gifting it to him to protect.

Protect what? Well, he first thought it'd be to protect himself from this life.

Until he formed his family, since his wife carries no abilities, he believed it was to protect them from harm. 

He doesn't understand why he stopped attending since then until now, and that's why he's here, on his knees, in the same chapel here in Orchids - trying to find answers. 

God never abandoned him before, so he knows he won't now.

"Never thought of you as the church believer."

Taehyung inner instinct pulsed him to move out of respect, but right now no one is more important than his moment with God, so he remained kneeled where he is without turning around.

"Then we aren't as close as you thought us to be."

Footsteps closed in on him, and Taehyung gulps heavily as he keeps his attention on the window before him in a renaissance type of design - just as the familiar man sits on the pew in front of him, still giving him his space to look wherever he pleased. 

That didn't help, his presence is too overwhelming.

"I find it hard to believe that you, an assassin," The purring voice coiled Taehyung's insides, "Can have a heart to expect God to still not see you as a sinner.

"I know I'm a sinner," Taehyung says quietly, "Do you know of Simon the Zealot?"

Boss tilts his head to him, not seeming amused by this, "No."

"Zealots were members of an organization who believed in overthrowing the Roman Government. They led through many rebellions, with their one true belief in God being their Lord and in search of the Messiah to overthrow Rome," Taehyung says quietly, crossing his fingers on the backrest of the pew in front of him, "They had a reputation for being.... Well, Aggressors, killers, everything you can think of. People prone to violence."

"Hm, my kind of people," Boss drawls, his piercing eyes focused on him, "I'm not getting your point here."

Taehyung stares attentively at the window, blinking softly, "When Jesus chose his disciples, he chose him, Simon the Zealot. Someone who was prone to violence, aggressor, believed in overthrowing the Roman government through violence," And Taehyung twitches a mellow smile, "If Jesus picked him as his disciple, why do you assume he can't use me as well?"

Boss looks at him with a pointed stare, an eyebrow slowly raising, "Am I to believe there's another Jesus coming soon or -"

"You're not taking me seriously -"

"Because I simply do not take this seriously," Boss mutters, sitting up with a dead stare in his eye, "You are a killer. You, and the rest of the alters. You have powers probably even more than what this Jesus had-"

Taehyung's eyes darkened, "Don't speak of blasphemy in that sentence."

"My point is, no matter how much you think you can change, you will always be a killer," Boss says back to him, snaps actually, "Pray all you want, but that's not going to change how in a few hours, you're going to face someone dead in the eye and slice their neck because I told you so."