Six: Don't Forget Us

Silence.

Tense, and a suffocating silence.

The two individuals breathing in this air still couldn't move, and they haven't said anything when Boss left to give them their space. There's a lot going on in both of their heads, but clearly Jungkook is silent purposely.

Despite his gaze being murderous, he's giving time so the other individual before his eyes won't say something stupid about what is going on right now. Meanwhile in Taehyung's head, it's a full-blown chaos on who's going to talk, what to say, how to escape, and that's been going on for a good hour now.

They're back in that conference meeting room, and so far no consensus has been brought to the table.

And Jungkook lost his patience waiting.

"Alright, seems like none of you can decided," Jungkook says sharply, forcing the multicolor eyes to focus on him, "So, we're going to do this my way. First, why? Why did you not listen to me?"

Karma flinches his face to him, grunting to him being present right now, "Because we felt like it. The kid needed to be able to live a somewhat normal life Jungkook -"

"And here we are 'tied' up in Orchid's territory," Jungkook retorts back, his gaze hard, "Who were involved."

"Not Taehyung if that's who you're worried about."

"Was he the only one not involved?"

"Yes," Karma continues to answer, rolling his eyes when he tried to move again but couldn't, "Listen, if you want to be mad at me, fine, stay mad. It won't change the fact that we're here right now and -"

"You seriously have no idea what just happened out there, don't you?"

Now it's silent again, painfully silent.

Jungkook couldn't fathom the sarcastic chuckle, shaking his head, "Because of what you did, they found us in the cottage, and paid a visit with guns and weapons," Karma's face falls drastically, "They even brought together the best combat team from both Oasis and Orchids. They had me, and the kids, right at their corner."

"The kids.... Are they okay?!"

Tigresa's tone immediately shoots out, and Jungkook didn't know whether to feel calm or angry upon hearing their voice, "They escaped with the car to go with Tiny, while I stayed so they can take me in here so I could find you," And Jungkook rolls his eyes, shaking his head, "You do realize what will happen if Oasis get their hands on you? Our sons? Do you have any fucking clue what you got us into right now!"

"I was just trying to help our family," Valencia whispers out, eyes now to her lap with a frown, "But Oasis won't get to us. Boss is too possessive over me, so if Oasis wants me, they're mistaken."

"But you're the bait to bring in what they truly want," Jungkook's voice quivers as he says this, shaking his head to himself, "It's a win/win."

The silence now became too quiet again, longer than how it was earlier as they face the brutal reality of their situation, up until a sniff echoed between them.

Jungkook looks up to see Taehyung with teary eyes to his lap, lips now wobbling as he tries to get himself together, but he looks around them with a weak stare before looking at Jungkook and he shakes his head.

"I don't want to lose my family Jungkook," His fragile tone softened Jungkook's anger, "I-I have no idea what's going on and I'm so fucking scared. O-Our kids.... They're going to find us and if they get here t-then... We could lose them -"

Fighting with every willpower to move, Jungkook huffs when he couldn't go to comfort his husband, staring at him with a gentle stare, "We won't lose them, okay? Trust tiny, he won't let anything happen to them. We just have to figure out on what to do."