Fourteen: Flashbacks

Taehyung's doesn't know what to make of himself at the moment.

He's standing right here, in front of this body length mirror, looking at himself dressed with the snugged and well-adjusted tux that's fitting well on his body. Since he returned to Orchids, he has been working out a lot more, so everything fits him more fitted to his body than before - capturing every contour and angle perfectly. 

Taehyung can't deny he looks utterly handsome right now. Black just looks good on him, especially with his now scarlet red hair. It wasn't by choice, looks like Karma went on an impulse rampage and decided to dye his hair red in declaration of him doing whatever he wanted without giving a fuck about anyone else.

Well, more so an aim directed to boss.

Lately Karma has been a little relentless, and no one - not even himself - understands as to why. He's always agitated, wanting to rebel, and has this obsessive need to have Jungkook notice him through those acts.

Him and Valencia have been a bit bizarre when it comes to him - Valencia leaps out in need to be physically close to him or affectionate, and Karma just needs his attention somehow - whether it's good or bad attention.

The rest aren't so emotional about him as those two, but in some way, they know after reading that file with him that there's more to their relationship than meets the eye.

So, Eden and Tigresa are constantly on guard in making sure to be aware of their surroundings or little things of what people say, meanwhile Taehyung is there to just keep the cover without looking suspicious.

They all rely on him to make sure it runs smoothly.

However, Taehyung did have planned today in speaking with Jungkook about this and figuring out ways on how to dig deeper. Honestly, Taehyung can't do so much from his side because Boss knows how to keep his lips sealed, so it's important to discuss with Jungkook on the next steps from here.

The most he can do now is observe and report what he sees.

Just like now.

A knock suddenly snaps Taehyung's attention, maybe startling him for a moment, just as the door to his bedroom opens - revealing Wheein. The woman is dressed in a haunting silk dress, somehow making her features glow with such sharp and tenderness with the rose touch of her ruby lips. She looks like a walking Shakespear sonnet, seconds from pouring the beauty yet tragic details of their story. 

A fantasy that has lasted this long. 

Based on Jungkook's file, he was a widow before he met Taehyung. If Taehyung fell for his charms, he knows it has to be because Wheein wasn't in the picture. He'd never cheat on someone he's with, and based on his old memories with her - the ones before Jungkook - he loved her too much to fall for another man so easily.

Tigresa always suspected something to be different about her, and they'd know since Tigresa was the first to take notice in Wheein when they met. 

So, this woman, who's standing right behind Taehyung with hands soothing over his shoulders, is possibly not even his wife. 

And his Wheein likely isn't.... Even here anymore.

The thought tightened a knot in Taehyung's throat, staring at her familiar features with her staring right back to him with that dazzling smile. Something about that smile seemed too real to be fake, and maybe Taehyung prefers being in denial.

But..... He knows this isn't right. 

Unfortunately. 

He's been waltzing with a lie for too long.