Song for this Story

Hey guysssss!

So, I thought it was a good idea to share you guys a playlist of songs that I've been listening to while writing this story! In that way you guys could get a gist of how I came up with the idea, or if you wanna vibe into it while reading, it's entirely up to you!

I will also be writing small notes along with the song as a way to express from my perspective as to how the songs connects with the story, or why it was that song choice.

Once again, thank you for reading this story!

Playlist

Nothing is Lost- The Weeknd

"I thought I could protect you from paying for my sins. And I been walking this earth long enough that death's a gift."

(I listen to this song so much while writing this story. I just truly believe it helps me bring the essences of family love, strength and the bond with Taekook and their kids in the story come to life. If you read some deep family moments in the story, I was likely listening to that song while writing it.)

Rockabye - Clean Bandit ft Sean Paul and Anne- Marie

"She tells him, oh love, no one's ever gonna hurt you love, I'm gonna give you all of my love, nobody matters like you. She tell's him your live ain't gonna be nothing like my life, you're gonna grow up and have a good life. I'm gonna do what I've got to do."

(The way this song makes me tear up. It kinda reminds me of when Taekook both lost their wives and had to take care of their kids on their own. We don't really see single father songs out there these days, but this song did remind me of this story before taekook met.)

Brother - Kodaline

"Though we don't share the same blood, you're my brother, I love you that's the truth. We're living different lives, heaven only knows if we'll make it back with all our fingers and our toes. Five years, twenty years, come back. It will always be the same. If I was dying on my knees, you would be the one to rescue me, and if you were drowned at sea, I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe. I've got you brother."

(Do I really have to go into details with this one? Honestly, I was not thinking of this song while writing about Hwanwoong and Yeosang's relationship, but once I came upon it, it was just so perfect to them in the story. As we see from time to time again, they'd really do anything for each other and care so much. Right now they are living different lives and this song is so perfect for them now, especially these lyrics.)

Pompeii - Bastille

"But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all? And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like you've been here before?"

(This song honestly reminds me a bit of Taehyung while being in Orchids, then and now. It does bring me to that Karma scene while he was looking around the ballroom, being a bit nostalgic to the memories - even if they weren't good memories. Orchids at one point was their home, and they saw it crumbling before their eyes when they left, as in that connection. So this song did remind me of that.)