..:: Twenty-Two ::..

⚠️Trigger warning, mentions of the allegations in this chapter. It truly broke my heart with this one. Again, in no way to disrespect Michael or his family in anyway whatsoever. Just a chapter to move the story along so Sarah can better understand him⚠️

"No, please… stop…"

Michael's body shifted slightly as images began to invade and torture his mind, images he had been struggling with for far too long. He groaned, tossing and turning within the silk bed covers.

Images from the past invaded his dreams, invaded his mind in a way no one should ever experience.

"Mr. Jackson, if you would please cooperate this can be over quickly."

"Why are you doing this to me?" Michael sobbed, tears flowing freely. "I haven't done anything to hurt anyone!"

"How can we be sure of that? I can have you arrested and taken into custody without further questioning if you refuse to cooperate."

With a cry and sob of defeat, Michael began to remove each article of clothing slowly, fingers trembling with each movement.

Allegations of abuse quickly filled the airwaves, television, radio and of course tabloids were all over the situation.

Child molester? Jackson accused of sexual misconduct.

Pervert! Michael Jackson to be charged with molestation!

Can he be trusted? Pop superstar Michael Jackson facing charges of abuse.

Before Michael could cover his face, he was promptly ordered to remain still as cameras went off from all angles of his body. Now more than ever he was ashamed of the condition of his skin. He openly wept as the camera went off one final time.

"Now if you would please come with us, Mr. Jackson."

"No!"

Sarah awoke with a start to find Michael thrashing and calling out in his nightmarish state. Her eyes wide with fear and concern, her hands carefully shook his shoulders. "Michael, wake up!"

With a sharp gasp Michael sat straight up, sweat rolling down his body and shoulders trembling as he struggled to breathe. "Leave me alone!"

He was still partially asleep and in an active nightmare, although his eyes were wide open and glazed with fear.

"Michael, wake up!"

Rapid breaths of air struggled to fill his lungs, eyes wide and filled with tears as he fully collapsed against Sarah's chest, burying himself within her embrace. Not again. Not another nightmare. Especially not after days filled with so much joy and happiness.

Michael trembled and shook within her arms, tears soaking through the fabric of her shirt. She responded in turn with soothing whispers and gentle rocking motions, he began to openly weep at the soft touch of her fingers smoothing his hair away.

"Shh, it's ok," she cooed. "Shh."

"Please tell me you are still here, please Sarah."

Cupping his cheeks she proved Michael wrong and kissed him deeply, tenderly. "Proof enough?"

He managed a weak smile, "Oh, thank God."

"Just relax, it's ok now."

Slowly they fall back while still in the comfort of each other's embrace. Michael became quiet, save for the occasional sniffle or sigh. The sight was heartbreaking in every way possible, even Sarah was having a difficult time trying to process the situation.

She recalls the news blasting from every outlet possible a few years ago, the frenzy of the media shark tank as it rapidly encased Michael in its deadly whirlwind. Oh, it was a true miracle of God to have survived all of that. No human being deserves to be treated like a dog, especially after all the contributions he has made to both charities and the world itself.

Countless people, both young and old, have been saved by Michael. And she was one of those people, little did he know. Perhaps one day she would explain as to why, but right now, his safety and well-being mattered most.

"Are you ok?"

"I think so," he replied. "I wasn't expecting that to happen."

"Michael, don't worry. I'm not gonna judge that."

Misty chocolate browns glimmered with hope. "Really?"

He sounded so far away, so innocent and almost childlike. Sarah pressed a fleeting kiss to Michael's forehead, the tip of his nose, soon coming to stop at his lips. They trembled under hers, and rightly so, after such an intense nightmare she could completely understand why he doubted so much.

"Like I said, there's so much more to me—"

"--and it doesn't matter, Michael." Sarah whispered. "I know the past hurts like hell, but it doesn't define your future."

With a slow nod, Michael lay upon her chest once more, Content by simply listening to the soft beating of her heart. "You have to be an angel sent from God."

Sarah smiled. Unable to speak all she van do is continue to thread her fingers through his tousled and sweaty ebony curls. Despite the situation they were soft and smooth lime the finest of silks. She sighed and caressed the back of Michael's neck, again taking great care as not to agitate the burn scars.

"Thank you," Michael smiled. "Please don't stop."

Before either could comprehend, michael had fallen back sleep, this time a much more peaceful slumber. Eyelashes resting upon his cheekbones, lips parted and light breaths fanning over her chest. He was at true peace, and that alone brought happiness to her heart.

Sarah allowed a tear to escape, where it landed upon Michael's hair. What the world has done to this earth angel is beyond all comprehension. How someone could get off on the idea of dragging someone down into the depths of hell over fame, money and power was disgusting in every sense of the word.

Images of the frenzy as it happened fill her mind, of how the world was abuzz with gossip and rumors.

Neverland horrors! Boy steps forward on pop star Michael Jackson

Shameful! Victims family to come forward on abuse claims

Again Sarah wept, albeit quietly so as not to disturb the sleeping angel in her arms. Michael deserved all the peace in the world. And if only just for tonight, she would do anything I'm her power of which to grant that for him.

"Michael," placing a kiss to his hair, she stared up into the dark essence of the room. "You deserve so much more than all of this."

Michael's breathing was soft and even, showing he was at peace and dreaming. Hopefully dreams of which brought him happiness and joy.

"God, please, bring peace to Michael's heart." Sarah whispered in prayer.