..:: Forty-Five ::..

Descriptive Sexual Content

Minutes turned into hours, and hours turned into days. The world was now heavily focused on his personal life once more. Life as Michael knew it had completely turned on him. Stress levels increased, sleeping had become difficult and the nightmares. The nightmares were in a class to call their own.

Every way he turned, Michael was faced with yet another lie, another look on the situation, another view on what was far from the truth.

His eyes were dark and weary, devoid of emotion as he stared at the mirrored wall before him. The beat of the music was all but a distant sound as he looked on with a blank look within his eyes.

Nearly two weeks had passed since that day.

His body was worn and exhausted. So tired, and yet so wide awake.

The clock shifted to 1:46 am.

Michael sighed. Insomnia had always been a bitch for him to deal with. Now more than it had in a long while.

Not much had been said between him and Sarah since that day, as he had been avoiding the subject in the kindest of ways possible. Always giving her a faint smile and a kiss before walking away to deal with these demons plaguing his soul.

The last thing he wanted was to bring any stress upon her and the baby. He would not let the press get to his precious family, not now and certainly not ever.  Yet their claws were unrelenting, begging to sink into whatever could be found out about each of them.

Jackson's New Lover? Who is the mystery woman seen with MJ?

Is the kid his son? Real life Billie Jean story!

Infidelity at Graceland, daughter of the King of Rock and Roll pregnant with the King of Pop's child!

The headlines went on forever and a day, the creativity long since but a thing of the past. And with all the newly scheduled interviews regarding HIStory waiting in the wings and the album release drawing near, the occasional call came through with questions about the news.

Promotion was to be heavy as per usual, at his insistence. Despite the warnings to take a much needed break, Michael pushed forward without so much as missing a beat. Continuing to dance along with the tide and the flood surrounding him.

Despite it all, Michael was becoming an instrument of nature tonight, his footsteps not one faltering as he continued to dance.

Dark eyes focused on his reflection, narrow with anger and unspoken emotion. Raven tendrils hung over his eyes, dripping with sweat. Yet he did not waver. He continued to move with the grace of an angered panther.

He cried out, shouted to the heavens above as his body went into a spin, coming to an abrupt stop and remaining silent. His chest heaved up and down with fatigue, with unspoken anger.

Michael slowly sank to his knees, sliding down along the mirrors. His shoulders began to shake and tremble as a tear made its way down his cheek. Why the world was forever finding new ways to show its unrelenting and cruel twists was beyond anything imaginable. And why it was almost always him, continued to anger him as the minutes tick past.

Blinking against the stinging tears, Michael allowed the tears to fall, allowing the pain to release in its own way. Holding everything back was costing him so much, and it could be seen and felt.

His eyes were so dull, so far away. Almost foreign if one could call it that.

And it truly had begun to scare him.

Pulling his knees up and against his chest, Michael quietly sobbed, hiding away from the world momentarily. The headlines flashed across his mind once more, sending uncomfortable jolts throughout his body.