..:: Thirty-One ::..

Daybreak bathed the skies in soft shades of orange and blue, the animals beginning to awake and sing their melodies around the ranch.

Michael was still asleep, laying upon his stomach as soft snores and tiny sighs escaped his parted lips. Curls scattered along his forehead, eyelashes resting upon strong cheekbones.

It was a beautiful sight to behold.

Sarah smiled as she gazed at his sleeping form. She had been up for a little while, simply content watching him dream and laying in such a state of peace and comfort. After that nightmare the previous weekend, it warmed her heart to see him resting.

Brushing a curl aside, she pressed a kiss to Michael's forehead before standing and wrapping herself in his robe. Walking over to the window, she is met with the beauty of the ranch as the sun begins rising over the horizon.

It was unlike anything she had ever experienced before. Nothing could have ever prepared her for having the chance to be here. Especially in such an intimate way.

She silently began to wonder about the possibility of ever living here someday. Yes, their relationship was still fairly new and had moved along quickly, but still it was impossible to not imagine the possibility. With her life going the way it was, it would prove to be difficult to maintain the relationship with Michael.

But it would be worth whatever may happen, that much she was certain.

A silent tear fell down Sarah's cheek, recalling their first meeting just a few weeks ago. The awkward beginnings, the conversations, the intensity.

The undeniable force of passion.

A faint rustling could be heard, and she saw Michael had turned onto his side, curled up slightly. His curls framed his face, falling delicately upon the pillow. He was absolutely beautiful. The morning glow cast mysterious shadows about the room which only added to the serenity of the moment.

Sarah padded over to his side of the bed, kneeling down to behold his handsome features. He sighed at the touch of her fingertips, leaning into them on instinct.

"Sarah," Michael whispered, still dreaming.

"Michael," she whispered in turn. "Do you have any idea just how much you mean to me?"

He remained asleep, soft breaths passing his parted lips.

Taking his hand between hers, Sarah kissed each finger, allowing the tears to fall. How in God's good name was she so immensely blessed to be here? To have gotten to know one of the most beloved people to ever grace the planet?

She may never know.

But one thing was certain, she would never question it, and remain thankful to the Lord.

Moving to stand, Sarah opened her suitcase, taking out a small box wrapped in silver paper. Inside was a gift she was sure Michael not only would enjoy, but possibly cherish.

Another rustle and a pair of arms wrap about her waist from behind. Open mouthed kisses graze her neck tenderly.

"Morning beautiful girl." Came Michael's sleepy voice.

Sarah smiled, her heart swelled with joy. "Morning, love."

Michael yawned, "How did you sleep?"

"Like a baby, and you?"

He chuckled, "Like a rock. I haven't slept that good in years."

"I'm glad."

Together they gaze out at the vast beauty of Neverland. Michael's arms remain wrapped around her waist, fingers entwined with hers. It was a moment taken straight from a dream, a dream of which Sarah never wanted to wake.