07

Chapter Seven
The world is too small

- Four Years Later -

× ANANYA ×

Four years passed so quickly since I escaped my wedding. Well, not so quickly, because only I know how hard it was for a while. Without parents, without friends and without any contacts. Without anyone. It was Ananya handling Ananya.

I was very much on my own. I am on my own. And I'm happy to be honest.

Though I did make some friends but only one lasted with me, Kirti. I met her when I decided to continue my college, we were roommates. But if you ask from where did I get the money, all thanks to the guests who gifted money in my wedding or my parents who bought jewellery as a gift to the groom's side. Not dowry, okay? It was gift.

It's better that I took it and used it for some good purpose or else it would rot in the groom's family as a compensation for my sudden disappearance and for their loss of respect or whatever. And also thanks to the amount of part time jobs I did. They were tiring but I had to survive.

But now finally, my hard work paid off. One of the best companies of Mumbai offered me the job I always wanted, in an advertising firm. I have worked as an intern before but now the post is mine. I might not be the head but it was my dream coming true.

And after years, through internet my brother finally found me. It's a good thing that he was never bad, he was supportive. He didn't blame me for leaving the wedding but definitely blamed me for not contacting him earlier.

And do you know a fact? My dad never cared to inform my brother that his sister was getting married. My dad knew that Amar would stop him and he also knew that he could not say no to his favourite son. So he decided to keep it a secret.

However, Now Amar Bhai  decided to visit India as soon as he can. He promised me that he'll not inform our parents or anyone but rather will just help me out even if the help contains only staying with me. He was sure he can not leave me alone, but as a matter of fact I was alone, for the first year.  Later when I met Kirti, she never made me feel lonely except for the times she was with her family at her home.
[Bhai= Brother]

Now we both are applying in the same company and we even decided to stay together, even in Mumbai. We both were very much co dependent on each other. Even her mother once suggested us to get married to brothers so we will be forever together. She didn't even give it a thought whereas sometimes I think it would be fun, but also a disaster.

Yeah I'm not good at telling one story at a time, I will add three four short ones in between. So yeah, Amar Bhai, is going to arrive in India today, he'll stay with me for some time but then eventually have to go back.

My attention went towards the car who came directly in front of me from the wrong side of the road, and hit my scooty within a flash of second.  I didn't even get time to digest what happened. 

Maybe this is the end. This is how you die, Ananya. You didn't even get a chance to enjoy your job for a single day. You will be remembered in history as the girl who ran away from her wedding and the one who fought a lot with almost every one. Because apart from that you did nothing great in life.

I opened my eyes after a minute passed to check if I reached heaven. But heaven doesn't include me being surrounded by people sitting in the ground not so comfortably and my scooty lying on the other side. The owner of the car which bashed into my scooty came out from the car and looked at me with angry eyes.