28

Unedited chapter ahead//

Chapter Twenty Eight
"Muhahaha"

× ANANYA ×

"Veer!" I screamed when I saw my friend from the college and hugged him. He is the only guy who was fond of the hugs I used to give everyone when I met them.

I love giving hugs. And I love it even more when I get them.

"Anu, it's been so long" he said and we broke the hug. Samiksha was was awkwardly standing beside him, looking even more beautiful than she was.

She was one of the most prettiest girl in our batch. And as much as I hate it, I was always a kind of jealous when I saw her. She was a good friend of mine, but she sucked at relationships. Breaking every other guy's heart or giving them hope was her thing.

And that made me think that I was better being me. Everytime I saw a beautiful girl, I used to question why can I not be her? And then that one thing of theirs gave me a sense of relief that I wasn't them. Let it be, thier behaviour, attitude or a bad habit.

I beleive in beautiful personalities rather than beautiful faces.

The three of us had a quick chat, and Sahil stood there patiently listening to our talks. They were here to collect the degree certificate too, I mean obviously, everyone was supposed to take it today. We bid each other goodbyes, not before Veer asking me.

"And he's your boyfriend, I assume?" You assume too much.

"Yes" "No"
I glanced at Sahil with questioning brows who said yes.

"Uhm, guys, decide?" Veer asked and I faked a laugh.

"Yep yep, he is." Veer laughed and I joined. Then they left. Veer and Samiksha were in a relationship and it was too obvious. By the end of the year, everyone knew it. And they were the IT couple. Good looks, rich, talented people.

"You know, I used to have a crush on him." I confessed it to Sahil as soon as we both were alone.

"Oh, him? Then what happened?" He asked me while we walked towards the office. Some students staring at us, or more like girls staring at the man beside me.

"Nothing. I never told him." Sahil narrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?" I couldn't exactly tell him that I was so insecure about myself at the time that I was so damn sure that the guy would reject me straight away. It could ruin our friendship too.

"He liked Kirti. But she didn't say yes to him because she knew that I liked him. I told her to say a yes but she just didn't." Sahil nodded thinking.

"Nevermind, Happens. It was just a crush"

And now who will tell him that just a crush was enough to make me go mad. Just a crush made me cry for like 6 times, dream of him for like 15 times and romanticising everything with him everytime.

Just a crush wasn't as simple for me as told.

"Yep. Thank God I'm over him." I muttered. Though it took me long time.