36

Chapter Thirty-Six
"Sahil Ananya Rajput Khurana. Bonus point!"

× SAHIL ×

"Put the flowers properly, na! It is not straight" I heard Ananya shouting at the man who was setting up the flowers on the wall.
Although I could see only her side face which was currently resting with an irritated expression, I decided to look at her only from a distance and not interrupt.

She'll start gossiping once I go there and will not work and won't let me do that too.

"Now?" The man asked.

"No, it's still not proper. It's not looking nice even if the colors are not going with each other. Who was the event planner for this? Whoever it was, he's very bad at his work, I'm telling you. Main toh uss field ki bhi nahi fir bhi behtar kardeti esse. Faltu mei paise barbad karte hai aaise event planner par sab" she said shrugging.
[I do not belong to that field of work but I would have still excelled in that. People waste their money on such event planners]

"Haina, Madam! Main bhi yehi sochta hu, ki kyu paise waste karne hote hai, mai toh kaam bhaav mei esse acha kaam kar deta." The man said.
[Exactly, ma'am! Even I wonder why people waste their money. I would have done a better job in less amount]

"Mujhe bharosa hai aap par, yaar. Ess wale planner se toh better kar hi loge."
[I trust you. You would do better than this planner at least]

"Haan, aap na aapni shaadi mein mujhe hi bulana. Acha rate bhi laga dunga apke liye."
[Yes, you call me at your wedding. I'll give you a discount too]

"Arey pakka. Meri shaadi ke wedding planner aap, Ramesh babu" she said dramatically showing him a thumbs-up and both of them laughed. An unknown smile crept on my face.
[Sure sure, you'll be my wedding planner, uncle!]

How does she manage to get comfortable around people within like 10 minutes? 

And by comfortable, I mean, the level of comfort as if she has known them for the past 10 years.

"Aap bade ache ho madam. Mera timepass ho raha hai thoda bichme aapke karan" Ananya gasped at this.
[You are very good, ma'am. I am having fun in between because of you!]

The way she changes her expressions every second, she deserves to be the leading actress in a film.

Following the sudden urge my brain had, I removed my phone from the pocket of my jeans and started recording her and her award-winning expressions.

"Hum timepass thodi karne aaye hai yaha. Aap aaise karege toh mai aapko meri shaadi ka contract nahi dungi, han!" She threatened him with that and I chuckled.
[We are not here to have fun. If you do this then I'm not giving you my wedding contract]

This girl is still a 7-year-old kid, I'm telling you.

Kiddo.

"No no, I'm working. Don't do that." The uncle started aligning the chain of flowers again. He set the chain and turned to get an affirmation from this kid. She nodded with a bright smile and he adjusted it that way.

"Perfect, uncle, perfect. Aapka order pakka" she clapped her hands.
[Your order is confirmed]

"So when are you getting married?" He asked her and even I was curious to know the answer.