44

Chapter Forty-Four
"You are my chief commander and I'm your queen."

× SAHIL ×

"Vivian, go get a pack of coffee from somewhere, please" I heard Ananya tell Vivian for the second time and he already declined the first time.

"My brother's reception is going to start and you are sending me to buy coffee? How would you feel if I missed your reception?" He questioned her back and she made a face.

"I would feel blessed to see you are helping someone who is coffee-deprived." After completing the sentence her face rested with a pout and after a second she glanced at me with hopeful eyes.

"Sahil," I shook my head as soon as I heard my name.

"No," she showed her puppy eyes to me and I whined.

"Please," She blinked her eyes rapidly acting like she was the most innocent kid in the world.

"Why do you want coffee in between the reception?" Kirti asked her, getting irritated by Ananya's constant rant on coffee.

"I am feeling very sleepy, I couldn't sleep last night properly-" She was cut off by someone.

"Sahil Bhai?" I narrowed my brows in confusion when Rahul took my name suddenly. Vivian and Kirti started laughing sharing a hi-fi and after realising, they made a face. I glanced at Ananya only to find her face shocked and red. Then the realization hit me.

"What nonsense?" I muttered out and glared at Rahul.

"Maine toh kuch bola hi nahi" He hid behind Kirti and shrugged.
[I did not say anything]

"So, I couldn't sleep last night because of some work, and now I feel sleepy. And tonight, because of some personal work, I'll have to stay awake late at night." She said highlighting the work word again and again, and looked at Rahul awkwardly.

"Work, hmm" It was Dinesh this time. Ananya glared at him the hardest.

"Demon, baby," She said in the sweetest voice possible with a smile on her face and continued the next words with a straight face, "Shut up"

Why would she call him baby?

Do they share a bond like mother-son?

"Somethings burning, guys" Kirti interrupted and kept staring at me with a teasing smile.

"Do you know what is burning, Sahil?" I rolled my eyes at her tease.

"Okay, important question, Who would you choose first, Coffee or Sahil bhai?" Rahul asked while looking at her and she went into a deep thought for a moment.

Why do I feel like she would trade me for a coffee?

"Coffee and Bhai mei zyada kya hi fark hai, Raatko dono hi jagakar rakh sakte hai" My mouth hung open at Vivian's statement and I looked at him in disbelief. Everyone burst out laughing.
[Coffee and Bhai do not have much difference, both can keep you awake at night]

Why is everyone making some or other dirty statement today?

"Sharma gaya, Sahil," Dinesh said probably after noticing my red ears.
[Sahil got shy]