46

Chapter Forty-Six
"You would let our babies cry?"

× ANANYA ×

My eyelids slowly opened when I felt someone shaking me, I made an irritated face at the disturbance in my sleep and opened them completely only to find an unknown man in front of my eyes.

I looked around to check which world I entered, but it was just the Earth. The man was my cab driver and I had reached my location. I halfway slept in it because I was too tired.

"Ma'am, we've reached," He said and I nodded shaking my head lightly after transferring him the money through net banking.

"Thank you" I passed him a smile before stepping outside the car and he gave me a quick nod.

It was my twenty-fourth birthday in a few hours, and I was so hell excited for it for the past two months and now that the day is coming closer, I feel drained. And sad. And gloomy. And that life is meaningless.

It's my ritual to cry on every birthday for some reason or other. The most common reason was my expectation and hope for it to turn out well, once in my life. I knew the same would happen this time.

However, Kirti, Deven, and Vivian told me that they had a surprise planned so I just had to reach the location they gave me, which was a silly little empty cafe.

At the start, I was very excited about the surprise and I somewhere thought that it would be related to Sahil, but then what if it's just in my head? My delusional mind would make Aditya Roy Kapoor fall in love with me too. And also the fact that Sahil already apologized to me for the millionth time for not being able to present there on my birthday.

I thought I'd meet him by the excuse of my birthday but alas, he's not my fictional boyfriend who would leave all his work and land here in a private jet just to wish me on my birthday.

And the fact that even after I sent him the letter along with the chocolates, he didn't show a reaction neither did he come here or speak about it, confused me to an extent.

My optimistic side was very sure that he missed out on the letter and therefore did not speak about it. Because I had written my feelings on it and practically confessed everything to him, and he didn't even speak about it? That is unlike him. So I guessed that the dumb human did not get it.

Kirti had given me a specific bodycon dress to wear which was dark purple and had thin straps with a slit starting from the side. I usually avoid wearing dresses with slits but I was forced into this because according to Kirti, this dress was made for me as it fitted me in a very perfect way and hugged all my curves making my body look sexy.

I disagree with most of it. I find one thing or another in myself that I tend to dislike for the day and then ruin it.

My hairstyle was half up half down and it suited the dress because now my hair was reaching to my chest.

Look at me, I used to hate long hairs and now I am taking the trouble of washing long hairs and maintaining them just because someone said that they wanted to see me in long hairs.

He won't even remember it now, I bet.

Lightly pushing the cafe's door open, I was greeted by the receptionist with a small smile on my face. My brows furrowed when I noticed the cafe was decorated with lovely red and white colored balloons as if it was Valentine's Day.