Stolen Away- Part 5

Viraj had made Trehan mansion a mini hospital . She had labs the next day and results came back showing she was anemic.

Viraj discussed everything with a dietician and the team of doctors he had hired to review her case. She would have physiotherapy sessions which would gradually increase in duration as she gained her strength back.

Today was day six since the incident.

Viraj was going towards the bedroom he now shared with his newly wedded wife, when his mother stopped him as he passed the dinning room table.

"Viraj , Kavya kaisi hai," she asked tentatively. She knew her son's moods. Also since he finally found the one person he would tear apart their legacy and world for if he felt it was right.

He placed the file of Kavya's recent reports down on the table.

"She saved my life. I still can't believe she risked her life for mine," he declared.

Mandhira smiled.

" A woman like Kavya believes in humanity . Here you had held her hostage and now she has captured your heart by saving your life. She may not love you the way I loved your father. But it may still work out in your favor my son, if that is what you want," Mandhira advised him.

Viraj eyed his mother skeptically. He didn't know if the rumors were true. In fact he didn't care anymore. His mother was trying to offer him an olive branch. As long as he had Kavya to come home to, he felt more complete then since before his father died. Kavya was his hostage by destiny .

Had her father stolen the black book after her flight had taken off, maybe he would have captured Vinod Grewal and then they wouldn't have met the way they did.

Destiny had a way of changing course of all their lives.

He realized he needed to check on Kavya. She was supposed to be finishing up her phyiotherapy sessions then having her first shake of the day. It was packed with protein and spinach. He wanted his stubborn wife to consume of all of it with her medications.

"Excuse me, Kavya ka daavi ka waqt aa chuka hai. Let me make sure she is taking it properly," he stated before leaving his mother alone.

Mandhira felt relieved he had listened to her even if it was a few moments.

Next she would work on extending some warmth to Kavya. After all she did save her son.

Kavya was overworking herself with the exercises. The nurse kept trying to stop her.

Viraj dropped the file and placed the smoothie next to her medications on the side table.

He gently put her arms down and stroked her back.

"Kavya, your sutures will open up. Relax jaan," he soothed her.

She sighed as he held her.

He directed the nurse to leave them alone for a few minutes.

He pulled her shirt to the side to check her wound.

"There is some bleeding, I will call the doctor," he said reaching for his cell."

He laid her down on the bed gently.

An hour later..

They had placed a pressure dressing on her left side of her chest.

A fresh smoothie and her medications awaited her as she opened her eyes and was able to sit up.

His hands grasped over hers as she reached for the glass.

" Here let me help," he insisted.

She merely nodded.

After she swallowed her pills, she turned to him.

"This would have been really bad if you had gotten the bullet instead of me. I mean you wouldn't be able to be out a week. The Trehan empire would have crumbled by now," she declared.

He shook his head.

"I have taken hits before. This is your first and hopefully last time," he stated.

"So I am confined in here another week?"

"It's not been a week since you were shot. You are anemic and you are pushing too hard. I thought you didn't want to leave me anymore. So why are you rushing through your recovery? Is there something I should know?"

She sighed.

"I thought I could get my strength back and apply for PHD programs locally. I won't exactly be allowed to leave the country now right?"

Viraj smirked as he offered another sip of her smoothie.

"What is with that look?'

"Kuch khaas nahin. I love it when you fight with me. But you can leave the country just not without me," he replied.

She stared at him wide eyed.

"Ok so you mean as long as you are exist in my life, I can't leave the country alone?"

He wiped her face.

"You are now a Trehan. You will need protection. I cannot trust just one bodyguard to watch your back. It has to be me and several others. You have proven you are quite the escape artist," he hissed.

She rolled her eyes at him.

"Did you roll your eyes at me?"

"So kya huya? You have already held me hostage," she hissed.

He looked back at her intensely.

"I can do a lot Mrs. Trehan, but for now, I will do this," he declared as he leaned in and kissed her passionately.

If she wasn't in love with him already, he would make sure she would be soon enough.