EIGHT. welcome to the dojo

LIFE WAS strange

LIFE WAS strange.

One minute you can go from a nerd who knows nothing to an asshole to thinks they know everything.

Sometimes you make friends to lose them in seconds.

Other times, you lie in bed and question what you've done to make you the person you are today.

Rory Brewer laid in bed and began to wonder what could've been different about her life. Maybe staying in Seaford would've been good for her. Maybe living in the Valley wasn't so bad.

She didn't really know what she wanted... not right now anyway. She was confused and kind of hurt.

Her friends had gone out of their way to hurt someone to win and she wasn't with that. She didn't want to win that way and she was never taught to win in such a way.

That was one thing Jack wanted both Belly and Rory to know.

There was a sudden knock on her door and she shut her eyes to pretend that she was asleep.

The door opened and Layla peaked her head inside with a soft smile. She stepped inside her room and sat down next to the "sleeping" girl.

Layla ran her hand up and down Rory's back as a sign of reassurance

"Your dad said he might've found a dojo for you." She spoke softly, "Miyagi-Do. Said it was run by Daniel LaRusso."

Rory didn't respond, only keeping her eyes shut as Layla continued to rub her daughter's back.

"You start tomorrow, if you want to go." Layla continued, "I know that all this Cobra Kai mess with your friends is frustrating, but you can't keep laying around like this. You gotta get up."

"I'm up." She muttered.

"Up and out of the bed." Layla softly smiled, pressing a kiss against her temple, "Mr. LaRusso is willing to see you today if your up for it. Consider it."

Layla finally stood to her feet and left Rory alone with her thoughts once more. She held her eyes shut with a sigh before sitting upright.

She grabbed a random hair tie from her bed and slipped on a random pair of sneakers.