TEN. the new girl in town

JACK AND Layla watched as Rory continuously punched the punching bag in the backyard

Rory had received text after text from Miguel and Hawk, but she didn't respond. They even restored to calling Belly, but she would help her sister out by denying her presence at home.

"This isn't healthy for her." Layla muttered, holding her coffee cup close, "I've never seen her so... angry."

Jack sat in silence as Rory continued punching the bag. She wouldn't stop until San stopped by to pick her up for practice.

Rory being angry wasn't common. She was normally pretty calm and had no troubles with anyone. She kept to herself along with her peace.

"Maybe she should just drop karate all together?" Layla spoke.

"She's not going to do that. You and I both know that." Jack said, "She'd do anything to do karate."

"Why though?" Layla questioned.

The answer was vague for her parents but pretty clear to Rory if anyone asked.

There was a sudden honk and Rory stopped punching the bag and grabbed it to hold it still.

She grabbed her duffel bag from close by and turned towards her parents.

"I'm leaving."

Jack stood up and made his way towards Rory, "Take it easy today, okay? Don't get so worked up."

Rory only nodded and went on her way. Layla stoped her grabbing the girls' hand as she made her way close.

Rory looked down and Layla gave her a small smile which Rory returned and made her way outside to meet Sam at her car.

"Hey." Rory smiled once she settled in Sam's car. She began throwing her hair into a ponytail with a sigh, "Thanks for picking me up. I really appreciate it."

Sam smiled, "It's no problem. You seemed stressed out."

"Didn't know I could sound so negative over text."