EIGHTEEN. it was never supposed to end this way

WHENEVER RORY or Jack were angry, they would step outside for some air

WHENEVER RORY or Jack were angry, they would step outside for some air... and when that didn't work they would throw punch after punch at the dummy they kept outside.

And Jack was livid. Angry at Rory for disobeying his only rule and angry at himself pushing Rory to lengths he didn't know he'd created.

Jack sighed, beads of sweat dripping down his face as nightfall covered Reseda.

He looked down at his knuckles, batted and bruised from how hard he'd been punching the dummy in front of him.

At that point, he decided to call it quits and head inside.

He opened the sliding back door of the house and stepped inside.

He began to make his way upstairs when he caught sight of Rory and Milton sleeping on opposite ends of the couch with a random movie playing in the screen.

Jack sighed, rubbing his hands together to create some form of comfort. He made his way towards the entrance of the house, pulling the round basket from underneath the table and pulled out a blanket.

He made his way towards the couch and draped the blanket over Rory. He gave her one last look and headed upstairs into his room, taking a quick shower and stepping out to wrap his hand in bandages.

Layla stood at the doorframe, Jack's back facing her as he continued to wrap his hands.

"Have you spoken to her?" Layla asked.

Jack glanced over his shoulder, not answering her as he continued on his own.

Layla sighed, "Rory is going to visit Robby tomorrow to break up with him."

Jack paused and Layla made her way over towards him, stepping in front of him to block his view in the mirror.

"She respects you, Jack, but she's hurt." Layla said, "And you stood there and called her naïve."

"Because she is."

"Do you hear yourself? She made one mistake and you blew up at her. She broke down to you and you called her naïve. You will never understand how she felt in that moment." Layla sighed, pressing her hands against the dresser, "To her, you slapped her in her face, called her stupid, and gave her that scar that you called ugly. That scar is something she cannot get rid of and now... she has to live with that fact that she couldn't live up to the Brewer name and fight all because she was scared to come to us about how she was feeling."

Jack threw the bandage wraps towards the ground and sat upon his shared bed with Layla.

"I know you aren't upset with Aurora." Layla softly spoke, taking a seat next to Jack, "You're upset because you couldn't protect her. You're upset because you shouted at her. You're upset because you called her naïve. If you're angry, taking it out on her, wasn't the answer. Heat of the moment or not. And ignoring her isn't helping either of you. It's childish and is only going to push the two of you further and further away the long you two do it."

Jack was angry, upset, distraught, and overall deeply saddened that Rory couldn't come to him or that Rory felt like she couldn't come to him about her health, her boyfriend, about how hard it was to live up to the standards that he'd subconsciously made her.

He looked over at Layla, tears rolling down his face.

She gave her husband a saddened smiled, taking her thumb to brush his tears away.

"The relationship you have with Aurora is special. She's always been a daddy's girl. Always stuck by your side in that dojo. To ruin that will kill the both of you."

"She doesn't want to talk to me." Jack's voice trembled.

"Then make her listen." Layla answered, "Like I said, she respects you. You use that to your advantage. I promise that Rory knows you love her. She just needs to know that nothing has changed between the two of you. That you still love her no matter what happens."

— lucy has something to say !!

holy hell i was supposed to update a while back but i didn't know if i was being too dramatic in this chapter but oh well

(filler)

bye :))))

bye :))))