THIRTY-ONE. all you had to do was stay

THE PROBLEM was actually bigger than Rory had expected

Robby was supposed to be coming over to finally receive some sort of blessing from Layla and Jack to be with Rory and yet, he made no noise when Rory texted him telling that tonight wasn't the best night to show up.

Yes, family dinner was still on, but this one was vastly different from the previous.

Layla and Jack had received this honorary reward for being a "power couple working in the industry" and cameras for this higher up magazine had been there along with several different interviews and the rest of their families (Jerry, Milton, Kim, Rudy, and their grandparents).

It was a major thing that both Belle and Aurora had been told was just a "family dinner" and not some major event that was being held in their living room.

Rory quickly ran the Fenty Beauty mascara wand through her lashes as she heard her father calling out to her for her fifth time to come downstairs before people began to arrive.

She muttered profanities under her breath as she stumbled out of her chair and fixing her white heeled shoes and fixing her long sleeved, sweetheart neckline dress as she rushed downstairs as she applied some random Chanel lipstick was sure she had taken from her mother.

Jack turned hearing Rory's heels clacking down the stairs as she made a pep in her step when she noticed the camera right on Jack's face.

It wasn't hard for Rory to remember that her parents were famous and that she and Belle had the chance to grab onto the fame and use it as they pleased.

But it was hard for her friends to forget that. Of course Demetri remembered who Layla and Jack Brewer truly were, but when it came down to it, the majority of her friends only saw her as Rory Brewer and not "one of Layla and Jack's twins", they would both (the twins) be heavily grateful for that.

"And this is Aurora." Jack introduced to the camera, "Basically a mini me."

The interviewer truly couldn't give less of a damn about Aurora and Belle. They were really there for Layla and Jack and Layla and Jack only.