NINE. everything has changed

THE WARM feeling of the sand between their toes almost set it into reality how Rory and Belly hadn't been to the beach in forever

And the only reason Rory was here now was because Demetri of all people had invited her to come play volleyball with them.

They were about 30 minutes lates because Belly wanted to pick a bathsuit that fit nice and if certain people with cameras popped up and wanted to snag candid photos of her.

It was hard to forget that Belle and Aurora Brewer were slightly well-known to the public because of their parents. Belly basked in it and Rory just accepted it. It was a hit or miss situation sometimes, but overall, they were lucky to live the live that they were living.

Rory pulled her shorts up slightly as they drew closer and closer to the others. Her yellow bathing suit top made her stand out and easy to spot.

"Can you chill?" Belly asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"I can feel your nerves surging through my body." Belly said, "It's called twin-ception."

"I don't think those things correlate." Rory said.

"Whatever... I know you haven't spoken to any of your friends since the whole karate thingy with Dad, but you hard your reasons. So... tell them."

Rory finally looked up from the sand and saw Hawk with ease.

She felt like if he was given the chance he would've broken Robby's arm. Would've done so much more than dislocate his shoulder.

It was the main reason she'd been avoiding them at all cost. Putting herself so far into the situation that she was stuck only talking to Demetri until now.

"Look who it is!" Moon smiled.

The blonde wrapped Belly up in her touch and gave Rory a small wave.

"Give us five minutes." Moon said and pulled Belly off to the side for a chat.

Rory watched the duo walk off and wrapped herself into a hug as she turned towards Hawk and Demetri.

"It's been a while." Hawk spoke.