Introduction

Legacy families in Formula One were rare but not completely uncommon.

Michael Schumacher and Ralf Schumacher
Keke Rosberg and Nico Rosberg
Nelson Piquet and Nelson Piquet Junior
Gilles Villeneuve and Jacques Villeneuve
Jos Verstappen and Max Verstappen

Ayrton Senna and Emilia Senna.

The list could go on forever...

Emilia Senna, the only female F1 driver taken on by a team in the late 2000's.

McLaren Mercedes made the risky choice of taking on two rookies for the 2007 Formula One season - Lewis Hamilton and Emilia Senna - a controversial decision because Formula One was supposedly 'a man's sport'. Although, their choice proved well, with both rookies making a second and third place finish in the drivers world championship at the end of the year and with Emilia proving that F1 was not just 'a man's sport' - kick starting the appearance of female drivers throughout the ranks leading up to the sport.

From the moment she had stepped into the car and got out onto the track, Emilia Senna she was a complete reincarnation of her father. From looks, to personality, to the way she held herself and most importantly, the way she drove the car. At the age of 18, Emilia Senna became one of the youngest Formula One drivers to take second place in the drivers championship.

The rookie was determined to be like her father and she was determined to do that with McLaren.

As time went on, the power she held became stronger.

Not only because of her last name, but because of her driving style.

Ayrton Senna had been reborn.

This time, in the form of his daughter. A young woman determined to do what he did - and much more than he was able to do in his time.

A girl who was striving to make herself more than just Ayrton Senna's daughter...