Part 34

After the podium celebration, everyone headed back to garages and media teams headed towards the media pen where the other drivers were about to head towards.

Valtteri congratulated Emilia one last time before taking his leave.

But Emilia sat down on the top step of the podium, putting her elbows on her knees and head in her hands before staring out ahead of her. The empty champagne bottle and trophy sat next to her and she untied the flag from around her neck before draping it over her knees, taking a handful of the confetti and holding it in the palm of her hand.

"You alright?" Sebastian's voice echoes, the German taking a seat next to her.

"Mhm." Emilia hums, nodding her head. "Just in shock."

"It was a good performance." Sebastian mutters, looking over at her.

"Thanks." She whispers.

She rests her head on his shoulder and he rests his on top of hers, both of them staring out in front of them completely unaware of the camera that stayed hidden snapping photos of them.

They must've sat there for about twenty minutes before Sebastian stood up and took her hand, both of them collecting their things and Emilia ensuring she still had a handful of the confetti before they made their way off of the podium.

Walking through the pit lane after a quick visit to her drivers room, Emilia rubbed at her face with her hands before making her way into the media pen where her PR manager was waiting.

"You've got a lot tonight." She states (I totally didn't forget who I named her manager by the way). "This stuff on top of the conference with Seb and Valtteri."

"Great." Emilia mutters.

"Their going to want real answers, Em." Natalie (I think that was her name anyways) mutters.

"I always give real answers." Emilia replies.

"No, you give Kimi-like answers, always have." Natalie laughs.

"What can I say, me and Kimi are practically the same person media-wise." Emilia shrugs.

Making her way over to the first interviewer, Emilia only then realised that she was still sticky and covered in champagne causing her to laugh. Of course, the interviewers questions were the usual stuff and it wasn't long before she was flying through them - giving 'real' answers just like Natalie wanted - whilst the PR manager watched her like a hawk so she didn't run off again.

After that was done, Emilia was allowed a chance to go and change out of her sticky race suit and into team wear. She then jogged to the press conference - she would admit she was slightly late but she blamed it entirely on having to give real answers and not blunt ones in the media pen, which did get everyone laughing.

"Question for Emilia." Someone speaks out and she scans the crowd before spotting him. "It was really good to see you back up on the top step again - any chance this might become a recurring thing?"

"I think its something that myself and the entire team are praying for." Emilia replies. "To be honest, I'm unable to give you a real answer to the question because the future with the car is so uncertain."

"Thank you." He nods. "Also, both cars - on yours and Fernando's side - seemed to be different to what we've been seeing recently, any comment?"

"The car itself felt different, yes." Emilia nods her head this time. "At the start of the season I was doing well but not good enough to fight for a podium and Fernando couldn't even get out of the bottom five but after today, I'm hoping that whatever was done on the cars doesn't get undone."