Part 21

May 27th 2007:

"And that ladies and gentlemen, is your upcoming race winner!" Martin Brundle shouts loudly. "In her rookie year and after only four races in Formula One."

Emilia was smiling so wide her cheeks hurt and she could barely see where she was going, turning the last few corners of the tight Monte Carlo street circuit she was pretty much on autopilot.

"14 years after her father last won this race, EMILIA SENNA CROSSES THE LINE TO WIN THE 2007 MONACO GRAND PRIX AND BECOME A FIRST TIME FORMULA ONE RACE WINNER!"

The shouts from the McLaren Mercedes team were insane.

The shouts from Lewis Hamilton when he found out his teammate had won were priceless.

The shouts of Emilia Senna as she screamed were historical.

She could barely register what was being said down the radio as he took her cool down lap to make it to Parc Ferme. Pedro was reading out positions to her but it was all going into one ear and straight out of the other.

"Just four races after making her Formula One debut, she's only gone and done it!" The commentators were completely shocked. "I think it is safe to say that we are watching some future talent turn those corners."

Present day - May 26th 2018:

She would never forget that feeling.

Age 17, female driver making her F1 debut, having drove only four races.

Becoming an F1 race winner for the first time in her career.

At Monaco of all places, 14 years after her father had last won on the same tarmac.

The fact it was almost 11 years since that day, 25 years since Ayrton Senna last won the Monaco Grand Prix so the weekend was special to Emilia. It was the first time since 2009 she would driving the Monte Carlo streets in a McLaren F1 car, the tight and skinny Monte Carlo street circuit smack bang in the centre of Monaco that her father had won six different times during his career.

The circuit that had deemed Emilia the villain back in 2010...

So it was a shame the car wasn't on pace like usual.

The day had been pretty boring for the drivers other than Fernando and Emilia continuously ambushing Sky Sports for some form of entertainment. Neither driver wanted to admit that they didn't want to get into the car for qualifying because they knew that they wouldn't end up qualifying very well - and on this weekend, there was quite a bit of pressure weighing down on the Brazilian drivers shoulders.

The minute that Emilia had pulled her helmet on, she was gone to the outside world. Sitting in her car in the garage, with the engineers around her ensuring that she was strapped in safely and that everything was in working order, Emilia just sat there mentally preparing herself for what would be quite a tough qualifying.

Because Monaco was a tight circuit to have 20 cars on at once so their wasn't a lot of room for error.

On top of that, the car was shit this weekend.

"And radio check, Em." Patrick's voice comes through.

"Mhm." She hums back. "Your good."

"Everything alright in there? Your quiet."

"Trying to think of ways I'm going to be able to get a good position in this shit show of a car."

Nothing was said after that as Emilia watched Fernando roar out of the garage and was told to follow seconds later. She joined the queue of cars at the end of the pit lane behind her teammate, waiting for the clock to tick past the final second and indicate the beginning of qualifying.