Chapter 8 Take Me Home

Hey guys! This is horrible. We havent updated.... WEll here's a new one!!! Short and a cliffhanger, sorry :/

 Once the next chapter is proofread and cleared to go it will be up. It is already written so we guarentee it will go up this week. Promise.

~RainKat and nikkithemutantspider

***********************************

*Ciara’s POV*

I stare after Harry, my eyes ablaze with tears. I know I should just go back inside that house and forget everything, but I didn’t have my sister killed for this. Before I realize what’s happening, my flats are slapping the sidewalk hard and fast.

It reminds me of when I was in middle school, when I was on the track team. I didn’t have very many friends, and back when my mom wasn’t such a workaholic.

It feels fantastic to be out again, my muscles straining with every move I make.

But at the same time, it feels completely depressing. I’m running after what I’ve been chasing for days now. It feels like an endless game, there's no real, evident way to stop it.

I run faster, catching up to Harry as he begins to slow. He turns around and he sees me. He stops.

!Harry’s POV!   

I stop as I see Ciara running towards me. I am unsure of how to react. I can’t just run up and hug her; that will definitely earn me a smack in the face. I can’t keep running because the paparazzi are everywhere. So I stand.

                She is now jogging rather than running, her chest heaving from the near mile she’s had to chase me. She stares at me as she stops a few feet away, expecting some sort of reaction. But I have none to show.

                Ciara realizes this after looking me in the eye for a minute, and then sighs.

                “I’m sorry for following you. I probably shouldn’t have.” She turns and begins to walk away, her arms folded tightly over her chest as she does this.

                “No, love, it’s fine.” I say quickly, not wanting her to run off and go tell the boys that I’m a dick and they should tar and feather me. I walk towards her, biting my lip. “I'm sorry 'bout everything I’ve said…”

                “You’re sorry?” Ciara asks before I can finish. She keeps her back to me, as if to shun me. “You keep saying that and then you blow it off and do something equally as stupid as what you were sorry for before.”

                I open my mouth to contradict her, but nothing comes out. For once, I have nothing to say.

                “I don’t like playing games, Harry. And that’s exactly what we’re doing, playing games. You do this, I forgive you, I do this, you give me the cold shoulder, I beg for your forgiveness…” Ciara takes a shaky breath before continuing, “and then it all goes to hell because you want to give up.”

                “It wouldn’t be like that if you would just stop-“

                “Stop what? Stop going after you? Stop liking you? Stop what, Harry? There’s nothing for me to stop doing! I’m trying so damn hard with you and all I get is me being a wreck who’s going suicidal and you an ignorant, bothersome person.” She cuts me off abruptly, turning around swiftly and sharply to give me a taste of her glare.

                “What do you want me to do?” I ask simply, because I can't formulate anything else to say.

                She stands there, her eyes full of tears.

                “Take me home, Harry.” Ciara murmurs, “Just take me home.”